This Roasted Cauliflower and Broccoli is a delicious vegetable side dish that is made with just a few fresh ingredients. Made with fresh vegetables, it is a wonderful side dish for the season.
A delicious fresh vegetable side dish that is easy and colorful, while offering nutrients and vitamins.
Why This Recipe?
This simple roasted broccoli and cauliflower recipe is incredibly easy and is made with just a handful of fresh ingredients. The result is a steaming and fresh dish dotted with savory herb butter.
The broccoli and cauliflower bake is the perfect way to balance the sometimes heavy casseroles. It is also a very inexpensive dish to make.
This dish makes a wonderful side dish any time of year.
Ingredients For Broccoli and Cauliflower
This recipe only requires a few ingredients.
Cauliflower - Use fresh cauliflower with no dark spots
Broccoli - Pick fresh broccoli or broccoli florets
Lemon - use a fresh lemon, never bottled
Butter - I always prefer real butter, but you can substitute margarine if that is all you have.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- mesh strainer
- large fork or spoon
How to Cook Broccoli and Cauliflower On The Stove
Step by Step Instructions
- Fill a stockpot with 8 to 10 cups of water. Place stockpot over high heat and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring the water to boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 2 minutes. Then, add the broccoli and continue boiling for 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add butter, chives, thyme, lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Using a spoon or fork, mash together ingredients.
- Drain broccoli and cauliflower.
- Mix the herb butter into the vegetables until melted.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Be sure to clean the broccoli and cauliflower before using.
- You can cut the vegetables ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to make.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- The herb butter can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated.
What Can I Serve with Broccoli and Cauliflower?
This side dish is so versatile. It goes with just about any beef, chicken, pork, or seafood dish.
More Best Broccoli and Cauliflower Recipes
Broccoli Au Gratin Casserole -
Baked Cauliflower with Cheese -
Broccoli and Cauliflower
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Fill a stock pot with 8 to 10 cups of water. Place stock pot over high heat and add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring the water to boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 2 minutes. Then, add the broccoli and continue boiling for 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, use a fork to mash together the butter, chives, thyme, lemon peel, salt, and pepper.
- Gently, stir in the butter mixture into the vegetables.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe idea. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
You had me at steamed and "savory herb butter." That's how I like vegetables best!