This easy Baked Cauliflower with cheese is perfect for an appetizer or snack any day! Made easily in minutes, , these tasty bundles of cheese are ready in about 15 minutes. Makes an excellent side dish for any meal
I like to sneak in some low point weight watcher recipes especially when it is a holiday gathering. This Cauliflower Cheese recipe is wonderful and is low in points!
Hello Friends! This weekend I enjoyed a fabulous fall tea with my girls. It was so nice to get together and enjoy some seasonal treats. I love all the food this season and try to incorporate some healthy items to balance all the delicious sweets.
With the holidays coming very soon, I wanted to share this tasty cauliflower with cheese sauce recipe. This fast cheesy cauliflower recipe makes a nice side dish recipe for all the upcoming gatherings.
I love simple recipes like this one because it only takes a few ingredients to make. I have served this as a comforting side dish and it is a great alternative to mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower With Cheese main ingredients:
Cauliflower – Pick a firm cauliflower that is very pale and does not have dark spots.
Cheese – I love to use Cheddar cheese for this recipe.
Onion– I prefer white onion, but green onion works well too.
This recipe makes a wonderful hot and cheesy side dish or even a lunch idea. The cheddar cheese nestles in the nooks and crannies of the cauliflower florets and it all comes together in minutes on the stove.
This Easy Cheesy Cauliflower is not only delicious it is only two WW freestyle points per serving!
For more great, simple side dish recipe ideas, check out:
- Baked Sweet Potatoes with Basil– A savory take on sweet potatoes with the added pop of paprika.
- Oven Roasted Vegetables –
- Baked Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – Our readers love this recipe
- Sweet Baked Butternut Squash – We
- Bacon Grilled Asparagus –
How to Cook Cauliflower
You can make cauliflower many ways, and on most nights, I like to cook it on the stove in a large pot of boiling water. I just add a little salt and lemon to the water.
While the cauliflower is cooking, just a few ingredients make up the cheese sauce.
Don’t forget to save this recipe!
Cauliflower With Cheese
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 oz low-calorie Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash cauliflower.
- Remove outer leaves from cauliflower head.
- Cut cauliflower int four parts for faster cooking.
- Boil about 3 quarts of water in a large pot
- Add cauliflower to water and heat to boiling.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and juice of half a lemon to water
- Boil for 10-12 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- While cauliflower is cooking, mix together the cheese, mayonnaise, onion, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, mustard and parsley in a small bowl.
- Microwave cheese sauce 2-3 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix cooked cauliflower with cheese sauce and serve.
Thanks for stopping by! If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram, and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.