This easy Bacon Parmesan Asparagus recipe is perfect for a side dish for a weeknight dinner or holiday meal! Made easily in minutes, these delicious grilled asparagus spears are ready in about 15 minutes. This post contains affiliate links.
Treat your taste buds to a delicious Bacon Parmesan Asparagus recipe that combines the tasty bacon with the rich flavors of Parmesan cheese.
This easy-to-make side dish is more than just a yummy addition to any meal. It can also be a great appetizer or delicious snack when you’re craving something savory.
This bacon parmesan asparagus will soon be your new favorite way to enjoy this delightful spring vegetable. Try it today and elevate your dining experience to the next level!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- The perfect side dish for any occasion
- Easy and quick recipe, great for busy days
- Fresh asparagus bundles grilled to perfection
- Crispy bacon bits and melted Parmesan cheese for an added layer of flavor
Asparagus can be grilled to lovely crispiness on the stovetop. I find them light and tasty and perfect as a healthy side dish for many meals. I like grilling mine on the stovetop with a grill pan.
Ingredients for parmesan bacon asparagus spears
- Olive oil
- Asparagus bunch, cleaned and ends removed
- Bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
How to make this easy side dish
Melt butter in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
Place asparagus stalks parallel to each other against the grain in a grill pan or skillet.
Drizzle olive oil on asparagus.
Grill for 7-9 minutes, turning stalks every couple of minutes.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Remove from pan.
Top with bacon bits and Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Substitutions and Variations
- Substitute Gruyere cheese for Parmesan for a unique twist.
- Experiment with different types of bacon, such as thick-cut or smoky bacon.
- Create cheesy baked asparagus by adding Swiss cheese during the grilling process.
For more great easy vegetable side dish recipes, check out:
Corn Salsa - A colorful salsa that will brighten up any dish.
Creamy Cucumber Salad - A delicious cold and refreshing cucumber salad that makes the perfect side dish.
How to cook Asparagus:
Before you prepare asparagus to cook, it is important to thoroughly rinse the spears with water to remove any dirt or grit. Shake the spears to release any grit that might be caught in the tips and rinse again. To prepare for cooking, snap off the bottoms of the stalks with your hands - about one inch from the end.
FAQs about this Recipe
Yes, roast the asparagus in a preheated oven on a rimmed baking sheet for a delicious alternative.
Store any remaining bacon and Parmesan asparagus in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips for the Best Results
- Use a sharp knife to remove the woody ends of asparagus.
- Grill asparagus in a single layer for even cooking.
- Drizzle with a little lemon juice for extra flavor.
- Try using an air fryer for a different cooking method.
- You can prepare the spears the day ahead. After cleaning as described above, stand them on their ends in a glass of water. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
- You can also cook asparagus in the microwave. Arrange the stalks with tips toward the center facing outward and add three tablespoons of water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 7 to 10 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
Grilled Bacon Parmesan Asparagus
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and ends removed
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in a grill pan or skillet over medium heat.Place asparagus stalks parallel to each other against the grain in grill pan or skillet.Drizzle olive oil on asparagus.Grill 7-9 minutes, turning stalks every couple of minutes.Sprinkle with salt and pepper.Remove from pan.Top with bacon bits and Parmesan cheese and serve.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Thanks for stopping by!