With the end of the summer season coming soon, I am trying to squeeze out the best of summer in these last few weeks. This is a great time to buy vegetables like zucchini and bell peppers, because there is an abundance of these in the markets right now at great prices. I would suggest making double, and then making this easy roasted vegetable soup.
So the other day I made this as a healthy dinner option. It makes a great side dish too, but I sometimes make it for dinner because it tastes great and I can feel good about it as a meatless dinner option.
I just love how good my kitchen smells when they are roasting and I can just let them cook for a while. You can change up the vegetables too.
They are so simple to make and you can prepare some of the vegetables ahead of time. I used baby potatoes, but you can use russet or red potatoes too.
They are such a colorful and savory dish with the sweetness of the bell peppers. Really good any time of year.
It’s also a great way to use fresh produce from the farmers market. I like to look at what is in season, as the dish becomes more economical if you can use produce that is at the height of its season.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe!
Oven Roasted Bell Peppers and Zucchini
Roasted Peppers and Zucchini
- 2 bell peppers - any color
- 12 baby potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>3 tablespoons olive oil</span>
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse peppers in cold water
- Cut stems, core and seed membranes out of bell peppers and discard
- chop remaining peppers into bite-sized pieces
- wash, dry and cut potatoes
- wash and slice zucchini into 1/4 inch slices
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Preheat oven to 425°.</span>
- Place vegetables on a cookie sheet in a single layer
- drizzle with olive oil
- sprinkle with basil, alt and pepper
- bake 30-35 minutes
What is the last thing you made with zucchini?