With the end of the summer season coming soon, I am trying to squeeze out the best of summer in these last few weeks. This is a great time to buy vegetables like zucchini and bell peppers, because there is an abundance of these in the markets right now at great prices.
So the other day I made this as a dinner. It makes a great side dish too, but I also like it as a healthy dinner option.
Oven Roasted Bell Peppers and Zucchini
I just love how good my kitchen smells when they are roasting and I can just let them cook for a while.
They are so simple to make and you can prepare some of the vegetables ahead of time. I used baby potatoes, but you can use russet or red potatoes too.
They are such a colorful and savory dish with the sweetness of the bell peppers. Really good any time of year.
- 2 bell peppers - any color
- 12 baby potatoes
- 2 zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Rinse peppers in cold water
- Cut stems, core and seed membranes out of bell peppers and discard
- chop remaining peppers into bite-sized pieces
- wash, dry and cut potatoes
- wash and slice zucchini into ¼ inch slices
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place vegetables on a cookie sheet in a single layer
- drizzle with olive oil
- sprinkle with basil, alt and pepper
- bake 30-35 minutes
What is the last thing you made with zucchini?