One of the things I love about summer is going to barbeques and chilling in the sun. We recently went to a friend’s barbecue and I took my Pepper & Broccoli Pasta Salad.
We were having a good time talking about the “old” days, which did not really seem so long ago. This broccoli pasta salad is not only tasty, but it is also delicious and filled with vegetables.
Hi Friends! Today I am sharing my Best broccoli salad recipe for potlucks and picnics. This broccoli and pepper salad is loaded with vegetables, bacon, and pasta. The result is a refreshing cold salad that is great with grilled meats, sandwiches and wraps.
I changed up a version from one of my mother’s recipe books until I found a version that I loved, and this is it. It only takes a few ingredients too!
Broccoli and Bell Pepper Salad Ingredients:
Broccoli – Choose fresh broccoli for this salad.
Bell Pepper – You can use colorful bell peppers or mini peppers for this recipe
Bacon – I use traditional bacon for this recipe, but you can use turkey bacon and it is still delicious!
- 5 cups broccoli, raw
- 4 cups bow tie pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, chopped (I like to use red for color)
- 1 cup grapes, sliced
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup praline pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. While the pasta is cooking per package directions, cut the broccoli into small florets.
2, Set aside broccoli and in a medium bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
3.Once blended add other remaining ingredients.
4 Once pasta is cooked, drain and rinse in cold water.
5. Add drained pasta to salad mixture and blend.
6. Chill at least 1 -2 hours.
This pasta salad is great for a barbeque, potluck or side dish. It is deliciously creamy and you will probably make it more than once.
- Mango Arugula Salad – A lovely change with fresh arugula and mango slices.
- Quick and Easy Mediterranean Salad – Tomatoes, garbanzo beans and feta make this salad extra special and colorful.
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – Fresh peppers and creamy dressing make this a favorite year-round.
- Basic Broccoli Pasta Salad – A delicious broccoli salad with corn and tomatoes.
Don’t forget to pin this easy recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What is your favorite BBQ or picnic side dish?