This Easy Broccoli Pasta Salad is perfect for the upcoming picnic season and makes a great make and take lunch idea.
I love making this on Sundays and then having it as a side dish and a lunch. Filled with fresh vegetables, it is also a great use of items from the farmers market.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well! We are finally getting a few warm and sunny days so I am totally getting into the spring spirit early. I have been crafting a few spring crafts and am enjoying the slightly longer days.
Just last weekend we celebrated a dear friends birthday and it was nice to be outside for a while.
I love how the fresh vegetables complement the pasta nicely. You can also change up the salad dressing and use a nice balsamic vinaigrette dressing in place of the Italian dressing for a change of flavors.
This is also a great recipe to pack up and take to work or school. Easily packable as part of a meal planning schedule too!
For more great spring salad recipes, check out:
- Mango Arugula Salad – A lovely change with fresh arugula and mango slices.
- Quick and Easy Mediterranean Salad – Tomatoes, garbanzo beans and feta make this salad extra special and colorful.
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – Fresh peppers and creamy dressing make this a favorite year-round.
Don’t forget to pin this easy recipe
Easy Broccoli Pasta Salad
2 bunches of broccoli florets, washed and chopped
1/2 bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup of canned corn
8 oz. bow-tie pasta
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Pasta Salad Directions
Cook pasta per package directions and drain.
While pasta cooks, combine broccoli, onion, bell peppers, garlic and corn.
Add Italian salad dressing, salt and pepper and toss gently.
If you like you can top with some shredded Parmesan cheese.
- You can use a bagged broccoli mix for the recipe and save some time cutting. I still wash any vegetables that come in bags, just to be safe.
- You can use the jarred minced garlic for this recipe. It works well and I use it often.
- This is a great recipe to make the day before – just pack in sealable containers and store in the refrigerator.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Thanks for stopping by! If you try this blueberry scone recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
How is your week going? Is it feeling like Spring is near?