This post is sponsored by Smart & Final.
Before I share my Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verde recipe, can we just collectively say ...Yay - spring is almost here!!! I am so ready for spring, and as I am sure you already knew that spring starts this month, did you know that March is also Frozen Food Month? I found out that many stores are offering great savings on participating frozen food and today I am partnering with Smart & Final to share an easy meal idea made from some of my favorite frozen foods.
Their friendly neighborhood store offers so many great fresh and frozen name brand products, and I love that their private label First Street products are not only great tasting, but great for for saving money too. Double win!
These creamy chicken enchiladas are made with green chilis, spices all in a sour cream sauce.I stopped by Smart & Final the other day after work. I love that I can get great prices without having to shop in a huge warehouse store after a long day. I picked up some First Street frozen items including chicken breasts, sweet corn and the lovely Tri-color pepper strips.
I start out by baking the frozen chicken breasts while mixing together the chile verde sauce. I stuff the enchiladas and pour the sauce over and topping with cheese before popping it into the oven.
These chicken enchiladas with green sauce are so tasty and filling with a nice green chili flavor that is mild, but so good.
While the enchiladas are baking, I sautéed the frozen corn and tri-color bell peppers. I just simmer them all together in a small pan in about 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat for about 7-9 minutes.
When the enchiladas come out, dinner is ready!
The result is a flavorful corn and pepper side dish that makes a wonderful complement to the enchiladas. The dishes look so festive too!
I have to say that this is one of the best chicken enchiladas recipes. It is a favorite in our home and these can also be made ahead of time.
Chicken Enchiladas Verde Recipe
Chicken Enchiladas Verde Recipe
- 3-4 chicken breasts thawed
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chilies with juice
- ¾ cup green salsa salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 8 Flour tortillas
- Black olives and cilantro for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake chicken breasts in oven about 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature is 165˚F and cool slightly. Shred chicken breasts.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sour cream, chilis (undrained), cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and garlic and ¾ cup of shredded cheese..
- Add chicken to mixture and set aside.
- Heat tortillas in a stack in microwave or individually on stove for a 10-15 seconds.
- Spoon chili mixture onto each tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla and place seam-side down in a greased baking dish.
- Pour green salsa over the tortillas and top with ¾ cup cheese.
- Bake 15-17 minutes until cheese is bubbling
- Top with cilantro and olives, if desired.
If desired, you can top with a little more cilantro and black olives.
This recipe is a hit at our home and I usually make a little pan to take to my mother. You will want to pin this recipe for later - trust me!
I hope you enjoyed today’s easy and simple meal idea. All of the ingredients are available at Smart & Final. They have some of the lowest prices in town, in my opinion. During frozen food month, you can purchase any frozen item at Smart & Final and receive a coupon code that allows you to enter for a chance to win a trip to Alaska! You can find more information at http://www.smartandfinal.com/FrozenSweeps Is Alaska is on your bucket-list? It is on mine!