These Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins are always a welcome treat. Perfect for a breakfast or brunch and also great for a picnic or take-along snack.
I make these simple chocolate chip muffins often and they are the perfect balance of chocolate without being super sweet. Don't forget to check out my time-saving tips below the recipe. There are several ways to save some time.
Hello Friends! We just got back from a fun weekend in Santa Barbara. I always love that area and it is the perfect weekend getaway.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are wanting a nice breakfast bread or brunch snack. Chances are you already have everything you need to make these muffins and they really do not take much time to prepare.
These are also nice to take to picnics because they are so portable. Perfect for tea parties too!
I usually use parchment paper cups when I make muffins and this batter has a little butter in it for extra smoothness!
List of main ingredients.
Chocolate Chips – I use semi-sweet chocolate chips for this recipe. You can also use milk chocolate or mix in half of the white chocolate chips for a fun twist. You can also use mini chocolate chips too!
Milk – I use two-percent milk for this recipe and they always come out great. You can also use whole milk or cream if you wish.
Sugar – I find that white sugar is best for this recipe, but you can use brown sugar if you prefer. Because brown sugar contains molasses, it changes the flavor a little bit.
Variations on this recipe
This is my favorite chocolate chip muffin recipe. While I do have a recipe for Easy Five Ingredient chocolate chip muffins, this one is truly from scratch.
For Chocolate Chocolate chip muffins, you will want to bake them until they are light brown.
How to make Chocolate Chip Muffins
Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with liners or by greasing.
- in a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder salt, sugar, egg, milk and melted butter just until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Pour into prepared muffin cups.
- Top each muffin with 2-3 chocolate chips.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
With most of my muffin and bread recipes, I will sometimes mix the dry ingredients ahead of time and put them in baggies so that when I want to bake muffins in the morning, I have saved some time by premixing.
Another tip is that you can prepare these the night before and after you place the batter in the tins, place the pan in the refrigerator and bake them the next morning. Freshly baked is always better and this is a good option to save you time in the morning.
You can use a mini-muffin tin to save on some baking time. It usually takes about 5 minutes less with mini-muffins but each oven is different, so you will want to watch it closely.
I always use baking liners to save time on clean up. My favorites are these.
For more great muffin recipes ideas, check out:
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins - This is the best double chocolate chip muffin recipe!
- Lemon Bakery-style Muffins - Our reader's favorite muffin recipe - it's been pinned thousands of times.
- Easy Carrot Muffins - Made with brown sugar, applesauce, and carrots for a perfect spring muffin.
- Easy Pineapple Muffins – These beautiful sunny citrus muffins are a perfect way to start the day
- Sweet Banana Muffins– Perfect banana muffins with a light cinnamon crunch topping.
- Sweet Strawberry Muffins – A family favorite and a great way to enjoy strawberries.
And for a fun twist, try these fun milk and cookie shots.
We hope you loved this homemade chocolate chip muffin recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.