These 5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Muffins Easy are made super quickly! If you have never made muffins with Bisquick, this is the perfect muffin to make when you want homemade, but don't have a lot of time available to bake.
We love muffins as a light, sweet bread and this Bisquick Chocolate Chip muffin recipe makes muffins that are light. Be sure to check out our popular sweet lemon muffins recipe too! If you want a chocolate chip muffin recipe from scratch, I have one for you too!
I love how these muffins take the classic chocolate chip taste and bring them to the breakfast or brunch table. These look so pretty on a table or buffet. You can make these muffins larger if you want to use a giant muffin pan, just adjust the cooking time until a toothpick comes out clean.
Why This Recipe
Did you all have a nice weekend? It rained quite a bit here in Southern California and when it rains, I get into the baking mood. I did not have a little time so I whipped up some muffins. This is a super simple recipe for Chocolate Chip muffins with only 5 ingredients. Talk about saving time!
These Bisquick Chocolate Chip muffins are delicious and so easy! They are Bisquick chocolate chip cookies with no bananas so it is a really easy recipe.
These are also great as a quick breakfast bread or lunchbox treat.
They have chocolate!
Ingredients for Muffins with Bisquick
- Chocolate chips
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- large bowl
- measuring spoons
- muffin tin
- paper liners
How to Make Chocolate Chip Muffins Bisquick
1. Grease muffin tin or use baking liners.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Add egg and milk.
4. Add chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter in the muffin cups.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown,
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Some people like to grease muffin tins for the muffins, but I really prefer using kraft paper liners. They help to ensure that muffin comes out clean and they save on cleanup too!
- I find that large semi-sweet chocolate chips work best with this recipe, but you can use mini-chocolate chip if you like. My recommendation would be to make mini chocolate chip muffins with the mini-chips.
- These are especially good with a cup of tea, hot chocolate, or a cold glass of milk!
- Keep measured portions of the baking mix and sugar ready to go in your pantry and muffins will be ready in minutes!
- Pro Tip - Top muffin with a couple of chocolate chips so that they will show through on the top of the muffin. This really makes the muffin ingredients "pop", both literally and figuratively.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- Make Mini Chocolate Chip muffins and they will be ready about 10 minutes sooner!
- Add chopped pecans or walnuts for a twist
- You can substitute lactose-free milk for regular milk.
More Easy Breakfast Bread Recipes
Easy Carrot Muffins – Perfect for spring! Like a mini carrot cake, but without the frosting.
Simple Scone Recipes – here is a gathering of some beautiful, elegant and delicious scone recipes.
Don't forget to try my Sweet Banana, Pineapple and Chocolate and Marshmallow muffins too!
Be sure to pin or save this recipe for later.
5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Muffins Easy
5 Ingredient Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups baking mix
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease muffin tin.
- Mix ingredients in a bowl in the order listed.
- Pour batter in baking cups.
- Bake 14 -16 minutes. Makes 10-12 muffins depending on pan size
We hope you enjoyed this simple muffin recipe. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here.
I share simple recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Nic from Thriving Wives
I love simple recipes like this! Is baking mix like bisquick?
Strive to Thrive,
Yes for this one I used Jiffy, Bisquick would work too.
These look so good and easy. What exactly is baking mix?
It is usually in the baking section, like Bisquick or Jiffy. They save time because the flour, baking soda and salt is already blended. There is one pictured in this post.
YES! 5 ingredients!! I could do that!! 🙂
I know right? 🙂
Love the easiness of this!
Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - Hope to see you there again next week with more deliciousness 🙂
Thank you! I love being there!