These easy Double Chocolate Chip Muffins are perfect for an dessert or snack any day! Made easily in minutes, these tasty bundles of chocolate goodness are great for a lunch box or picnic too!
Another way to describe these is Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins - you get the nice taste of banana bread with chocolate flavor throughout.
Hello Friends! I hope you are having a wonderful week! We have been enjoying a birthday celebration for our son and my heart is full when my family comes together. We enjoyed some card games and good food all weekend.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty breakfast bread or snack. Muffins are the breakfast bread of any season and if you have been here before, you know I love making them in many flavors. This muffin recipe from scratch is super simple and entirely delicious, especially if you love chocolate.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful muffin made with chocolate chips and cocoa powder, for chocolate goodness.
List of main ingredients:
Bananas – Fully riped bananas work best for this recipe. These came out a little dark in the photo, but as long as the banana is fully ripe - it will work nicely.
Chocolate chips – I prefer to use semi-sweet chips, but you can use milk chocolate or vegan chips.
Butter - I prefer using real butter in my recipes, but you can use margarine if you like.
Variations on this recipe.
How to make Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
It just takes a few steps to make these wonderful muffins.
1 Mix the cocoa powder and dry ingredients and set aside.
2. Cream the butter.
3. Mash the bananas.
4. Mix the batter together.
5. Spoon into muffin tin.
6. Top each muffin with a few chocolate chips for a more festive muffin.
7. Bake in the oven.
8. Enjoy after cooling.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 1 ⅔ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- ¼ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips plus additional for topping
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Spritz liners with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir together wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- 4. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- 5. Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups. Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- 6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Use muffin liners to save time on clean up.
- Make a second batch and freeze them for a future time.
- Use a mini-muffin pan and these will bake faster than traditional muffins.
Banana Crunch Muffins, - delicious banana muffins with a crumb topping.
Lemon Breakfast Muffins - bakery-style muffins made with Ricotta.
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins. Pumpkin spice muffins with a streusel topping.
Best All Bran Muffins - These healthy muffins are so delicious and easy to make.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.