These easy All Bran Muffins are perfect as a breakfast bread or lunch box snack! It has taken me years to come up with a bran muffin recipe and this is it in my opinion.
These homemade Bran muffins are better than many of the store-bought version available at the market. These do not take long to make and they are SO GOOD!Jump to Recipe
How is your week going? I have been getting back to the gym because they moved all the equipment and some classes outdoors. Luckily, it is usually sunny here and the weather is not a problem. I have been trying to incorporate some healthier breads into my diet and today I am excited to share this recipe.
What are Bran Muffins?
Today’s Bran Muffin recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty muffin that has a bit of fiber in it. These muffins are made with two types of Bran cereals and they are hearty and full of flavor.
Bran Muffins are a good source of fiber, vitamin B, Iron, Magnesium, and Manganese. You can add raisins or dried cranberries to this recipe for a fun variation.
These are the best healthy breakfast muffins I love to bake muffins as a breakfast bread and also as a snack. These taste delicious with a little butter too!
Quick, Easy and delicious! These are great for packed lunches, picnics and snacks.
Ingredients for All Bran Muffins
You will need a few ingredients for this recipe:
List of main ingredients:
Flour– I use All-purpose flour for this recipe. You could also use whole wheat flour if you prefer.
Buttermilk– generic buttermilk works great. If you cannot find it, you can make a good substitute with a mixture of ¾ teaspoon of lemon juice and enough milk to fill to make ¼ cup.
All Bran– The All Bran cereal is an integral part of this recipe. You want to use the original All Bran which looks like wheat bran fibers, these are not flakes.
Bran Flakes - .Any Bran flake cereal variety works well.
Variations on this recipe
You can add ½ cup of raisins or chopped nuts to this recipe if you wish.
How to make All Bran Muffins
- In a medium bowl, mix together All Bran and Bran flakes.
- Add the buttermilk from the measuring cup and let sit a few minutes.
- Add the egg.
- Add the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Scoop into a muffin tin.
- Bake as directed and let cool in pan 5 minutes before removing muffins from pan.
Once the batter is made, scoop into a greased muffin tin.
Once, baked, use a fork to gently loosen the sides for the muffin and they will pop right out.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
How to Reheat Bran Muffins
Place muffin on a microwave-safe plate, cut in half, and microwave for 20 seconds.
Timesaving Tips for Bran Muffins
- For this recipe, I do not recommend using paper baking cups. The muffin dough forms a nice texture when baked by being in contact directly with the pan.
- When you add the buttermilk to the bran, you need to let the mixture set for about 10 minutes so that the milk can be absorbed by the bran.
- Double the recipe and freeze muffins in a sealed, freezer-safe bag.
How to Store All Bran Muffins?
Store muffins in an airtight container in a cool place for 3-4 days.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out our
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- Banana Crunch Muffins,
- Lemon Breakfast Muffins
- Pumpkin Streusel Muffins.
- Cranberry Muffins
- Homemade Everything Bagels
All Bran Muffins
All Bran Muffins
- muffin pan
- 1 cup All Bran
- ½ cup Bran Flakes
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl, mix together All Bran and Bran Flakes
- Add buttermilk and let set about 10 minutes .
- Add egg and remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter or baking spray.
- Fill muffin tins about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 25-27 minutes until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
We hope you loved our favorite Bran muffin recipe! If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.