This Easy Italian Salad Recipe is not only delicious but incredibly quick to make. Perfect for a lunch, brunch or picnic meal!
Now that summer is here, it is time to make more summertime salads. While I love them, I just cannot get myself to eat a lot of them when it is cold outside. With the weather warming up, I have been making salads and loving the chance to use some of the beautiful fresh summer produce that is available now.
What is nice about this easy chopped salad is that it does not take a long time to make and you can make it ahead of time. I change up the greens once in a while and I like to add chickpeas, but you can omit them and add tofu or white beans if you like.
I love that I can make a meal without having to turn on the stove or oven. Sometimes you want something refreshing and seasonal and this is it.
To make a meatless Italian salad recipe, omit the turkey and salami.
Be sure to check out our other great salad recipes:
Easy Chopped Salad Recipe – This Italian-inspired recipe makes for a wonderful lunch or light dinner in itself.
Mango Arugula Salad Recipe – Argula makes a nice change-up in a green salad. The addition of fresh mango makes this a delightful, colorful salad.
Easy Mediterranean Salad – Another perfectly colorful salad that brightens any table.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe:
Easy Italian Salad Recipe
It Salad Recipe
- 4-5 cups chopped iceberg romaine or butter lettuce (any combination)
- ½ cup julienne sliced salami
- ½ cup deli turkey or ham chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Mix all ingredients, except the cheese together in a bowl
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Top with cheese and toss.
- Just before serving, toss with bottled or Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
This recipe can be made in minutes with the following swaps:
- Use a bagged salad for the recipe
- Use pre-chopped turkey breast to put this together quickly
- Use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make this the night before and voila, lunch is ready!For more great salad recipes, try our best easy salad recipes;
More Tasty Salad Recipes
is your favorite summer salad?
We strive to be one of your best planning resources for making the most of your time. If you found this article helpful, please share with friends and family!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Check out these awesome salad recipes.
And these Easy Picnic Salad recipes.