This Easy Italian Salad Recipe is not only delicious but incredibly quick to make. Perfect for a lunch, brunch or picnic meal!
Now that summer is nearly here, it is time to make more summertime salads. While I love them, I just cannot get myself to eat a lot of them when it is cold outside. With the weather warming up, I have been making salads and loving the chance to use some of the beautiful fresh summer produce that is available now.
What is nice about this easy chopped salad is that it does not take a long time to make and you can make it ahead of time. I change up the greens once in a while and I like to add chickpeas, but you can omit them and add tofu or white beans if you like.
Easy Italian Salad Recipe
- 4-5 cups chopped iceberg, romaine or butter lettuce (any combination)
- ½ cup julienne sliced salami
- ½ cup deli turkey or ham chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1 box cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Mix all ingredients, except the cheese together in a bowl
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Top with cheese and toss.
- Just before serving, toss with bottled or Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing.
To make a meatless Italian salad recipe, omit the turkey and salami.
This recipe can be made in minutes with the following swaps:
- Use a bagged salad for the recipe
- Use pre-chopped turkey breast to put this together quickly
- Use pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- Make this the night before and voila, lunch is ready!
What is your favorite summer salad?
We strive to be one of your best planning resources for making the most of your time. If you found this article helpful, please share with friends and family!
Check out these awesome salad recipes.
And these Easy Picnic Salad recipes.