This fall harvest salad is a delicious, hearty salad made with greens, vegetables and crispy apples and topped with a fresh balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
This salad is colorful, simple to make and delicious!Jump to Recipe
Why This Recipe?
This fall harvest salad recipe is a great way to celebrate the season. This is a delicious salad and full of flavor and the best part is that it comes together in about 15 minutes.
This makes a delicious main dish meal in itself or as a lovely side dish for fall meals and Thanksgiving. The homemade salad dressing pairs perfectly with the
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- sweet potato
- red onion
- feta cheese
- sweet apples - I like to use honeycrisp apples or pink lady apples.
- dijon mustard
See recipe card for quantities.
The full recipe instructions for crumbl copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview of the recipe
In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
Mix thoroughly with a wire whisk.
Peel and cut a sweet potato into bite sized chunks.
Cook in the oven or air fryer and let drain on parchment paper. Let cool.
Add salad ingredients together and top with cheese and seeds.
Substitutions & Variations
- Vegetables - instead of sweet potatoes, you can use butternut squash or Brussels sprouts or other fall season vegetables.
- Add Protein - Add shredded chicken breast or turkey tp the salad.
- Blue cheese - may be substituted for feta cheese.
- apple cider vinegar - may be used as a substitute for red wine vinegar.
- pomegranate seeds - may be used as a substitute for pumpkin seeds.
- large bowl
- small or medium bowl
- cutting board
- parchment paper
Storage & Serving Suggestions
Store leftover salad (without dressing) in an airtight container. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
These ingredients do/don't stand up well to freezing,.
Serve in a large bowl or on a large platter.
Share something here that you think is key to making this recipe well, such as: Don't overcook the burgers! Sear the outside and cook to a minimum internal temperature, but they should still be juicy for best results.
Visit the search results to see which questions come up under the "People also ask" section for your primary keyword, and answer them here
More Favorite Fall Salad Recipes
Waldorf Salad - full of apple flavor.
Pear Salad with Feta Cheese - a wonderful salad that has pears.
Fall Harvest Salad
- 5.5 ounces spring mix lettuce
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1 large honey crisp apple sliced
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 large sweet potato chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Harvest Salad Dressing
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare your vinaigrette by putting all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking until fully mixed. Set aside.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes on the air fryer rack. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the salt and pepper on top.
- Cook at 400° F. for 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the air fryer and set aside.
- Add the spring mix lettuce to your large bowl and top with the salad ingredients including the sweet potatoes.
- Pour the dressing on top of the prepared salad and serve immediately.
1 cup of quinoa could be added
I hope you loved this autumn salad recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!