These Pumpkin Jello shots are the perfect way to enjoy the flavor of pumpkin pie spice in a tasty fall jello shot.
Jello shots are quite easy to make and they really make for a fun party "drink".Jump to Recipe
Why This Recipe
Flavor. These are the perfect cocktail shots to celebrate the fall season. Pumpkin spice and a little rum without having too much alcohol in them.
Easy & Fun. This simple recipe is perfect for the holiday season and all the fall parties that come with it. While these are great for Halloween parties and adult gatherings, they are also a fun addition to you menu for Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving feasts. Why not offer some fun treats for adults?
Festive - These little jello shots are so cute and festive.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- pumpkin puree - any brand from your grocery stores. Be sure to use real pumpkin purée and not pumpkin pie filling.
- sweetened condensed milk
- unflavored gelatin
- whipped topping
- white rum
- pumpkin pie spice - a little spice to go with the pumpkin flavor
- whipped cream
See recipe card for quantities.
Jello Shot Recipe Instructions
Use this section for process shots, alternating between the step and image showing the step. Users don't like seeing process shots cluttering up the recipe card, so include your process shots here.
Add pumpkin puree to a saucepan. Add water and heat over medium heat to a soft boil. Add condensed milk.
Meanwhile in a medium bowl add gelatin. Add hot water and blend. Add pumpkin puree mixture to gelatin.
If making with alcohol whisk in one cup rum and one cup cold water. If making non alcoholic then mix in two cups water.
Pour the jello mixture into small shot party cups and chill for three hours or more.
Substitutions & Variations.
- kid-friendly treats - instead of rum, use a second cup of water.
- cool whip - use gluten free buns instead of white bread buns to make this gluten free
- Vodka - you can use cream vodka or vanilla vodka in place of the rum
- medium saucepan
- plastic jello shot cups (I like these plastic cups). Plastic shot glasses also work
Store the shots in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Add whipped cream and cinnamon just prior to serving.
Yes they will set in a few hours but set a timer so that you do not freeze them completely.
Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
- 7 oz. half a can pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelope packages gelatin Knox
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water or 1 cup cold water 1 cup rum
- whipped topping for topping
- cinnamon for topping
- In a saucepan, add in 2 cups water and pumpkin puree. Bring to a low boil over medium heat. Whisk in three tablespoon sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in two packages of the gelatin.
- Add in hot water mixture and whisk well until gelatin is dissolved. If making with alcohol whisk in one cup rum and one cup cold water. If making non alcoholic then mix in two cups water.
- Pour gelatin mixture into containers and place into the fridge for 12-24 hours. Once set when ready to serve top with whipped topping and cinnamon.
- Top each shot with a dollop of whipped topping and cinnamon.
That is fun! I love the way the mixture works. I would love these! It's still pumpkin season through Thanksgiving.