A delicious Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour recipe that is a wonderful way to welcome fall. This fun twist on a traditional whiskey sour is made with with simple ingredients for a fun and festive cocktail for the holiday season.
We have experimented with cranberry orange drinks and this is a great holiday drink for the winter months.
This delicious drink is a fun seasonal festive spin on a classic whiskey sour.
Why You Will Love this Recipe
Tasty. Made with fresh ingredients, this drink is the perfect combination of cranberry and orange flavor for a nice fruity twist.
Easy. This classic cocktail variation is made with just a handful of ingredients.
Festive. This is the perfect cocktail for the season. It is one of those winter drinks that is great for a holiday happy hour or holiday party and is beautifully presented.
Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour Ingredients
- cranberry juice - I use unsweetened cranberry juice
- whiskey or bourbon
- orange juice
- lemon juice
- simple syrup - can be a store-bought or homemade simple syrup
- egg whites
- fresh cranberries or orange peel for garnish
See recipe card for quantities.
- cocktail shaker
- jigger or measured shot glass
- cocktail spoon
- lowball glass or whiskey glass for serving
How To Make A Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour
Preparation of Garnish- Create orange peel curl by peeling orange and wrapping in a curl with a toothpick. Set aside and add fresh cranberries.
Step 1 - Pour whiskey bourbon in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2 - Add lemon juice
Step 3 - Add simple syrup
Step 4- Add orange juice and egg whites.
Step 5 - Give the drink a dry shake in a cocktail shaker. This will froth the egg whites.
Add ice to the cocktail shaker, and shake again.
Float the cranberry juice over the egg whites using a cocktail spoon. This makes it a delicious Cranberry cocktail! Add fruit on a cocktail pick.
It is the perfect holiday cocktail with its amber color.
Orange Whiskey Cocktail Substitutions & Variations
- maple syrup - you can sub simple syrup for a maple flavor.
- garnish options - you can use thin orange slices as another option.
- omit white foam - you can omit the egg whites if you like but the drink is better with them.
Timesaving and Helpful Tips
- Store leftrover ingredients in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- This drink may be served over ice cubes, if desired
- The cocktail garnish toothpicks may be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator.
- You can make a large batch of these using a large mason jar with a lid in the place of a cocktail shaker.
Visit the search results to see which questions come up under the People also ask section for your primary keyword, and answer them here
More delicious cocktails for holiday parties
Cranberry Orange Whiskey Sour
- 2 oz bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- ½ oz. orange juice
- .75 oz. simple syrup
- ½ oz egg whites
- ½ oz. cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries or orange peel for garnish
- Fill your glass a little over halfway with ice.
- Add bourbon, simple syrup, lemon juice, egg whites.
- Give the drink a dry shake in a cocktail shaker. This will froth the egg whites.
- Add ice to the cocktail shaker, and shake again.
- Pour into glass and float cranberry juice over egg whites using cocktail spoon.
- Garnish with fresh cranberries on a cocktail toothpick or orange peel
- A dry shake is done without ice.
- This drink can also be served over ice.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.