This Grinch Hot Chocolate is the perfect hot chocolate for the holiday season.
This fun Grinch drink is made with simple ingredients and a great treat to enjoy when watching The Grinch Stole Christmas or any other of the grinch movie series.
This festive drink is so much fun to make and is great for Christmas eve or a holiday party.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy Recipe. This is a super easy hot chocolate recipe. This delicious drink only takes a few ingredients and just a few minutes to make and it is also easy to upscale.
Tasty. Cold nights and days need this creamy and tasty green hot chocolate is made with a creamy white chocolate base.
Fun and Festive. There is no better way to celebrate the season with a festive hot cocoa. With its green color and red sprinkles, this hot cocoa recipe is sure to put everyone in the Christmas spirit.
- ingredient 1
- green food coloring
- jumbo heart sprinkle - I like these red hearts sprinkles from Amazon
See recipe card for quantities.
- medium saucepan
- mugs - choose a clear mug for best results.
Substitutions & Variations
- Green Candy Melts or White chocolate melts -
- Green Sprinkles - use candy canes
- non-dairy milk alternative - the
How To Make Grinch Hot Chocolate
Step 1 - Melt chocolate chips in milk over medium-low heat. Add food coloring and stir hot milk mixture until you have a smooth hot chocolate.
Step 2 - Pour hot chocolate into a mug or mason jar and top with whipped cream.
Step 3 - Add sprinkles and a red heart sprinkle because you have to have a grinch heart!
Timesaving Tips and Helpful Hints
- Store Leftover hot chocolate in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Heat the mixture over low to medium heat to prevent burning.
- For an extra flavorful treat, add a dash of vanilla extract or peppermint extract to the pan.
Yes, you can substitute the milk with almond milk, coconut milk, or any non-dairy milk.
Yes -you can adapt it to a slow cooker by mixing all the ingredients and allowing it to simmer on low heat for a few hours, stirring often.
Yes, you can add a shot of Bailey's for a fun adult Grinch cocktail.
For more Grinch Theme fun, try my Grinch Pretzel bites.
Christmas Movie Snack Ideas
More ideas to put everyone in the holiday spirit.
Grinch Hot Chocolate
- 6 oz white chocolate chips
- 4 cups milk
- 1 drop neon green food gel
- 1 drop avocado food gel
- ⅓ teaspoon christmas sprinkles
- 2 heart sprinkles
- whipped topping for topping
- In a small sauce pan, add in milk and white chocolate chips. On low heat, whisk until the white chocolate chips are melted.
- Once the chocolate has melted add in the neon green and avocado green food gel. Whisk well.
- Pour into a mug or mason jar. Top with whipped topping, christmas sprinkles, and a heart sprinkles at the top.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share easy recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here.