This Creamy Cucumber Salad with Mayo makes a delicious and refreshing side dish made with fresh cucumbers and a creamy dressing.
This is the perfect side dish for bbqs and picnics. It's a great salad that has been around for a while now.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This easy cucumber salad can be thrown together in minutes.It makes a good bbq side dish and is a great recipe for picnics, potlucks and party showers.
This easy creamy cucumber salad recipe is also the perfect summer side dish to go with burgers, hot dogs and grilled foods.
Just a few simple ingredients are needed for this recipe. Refer to the recipe card for the measurements.
- sliced cucumbers (regular or English cucumbers will work, the type you use is just a matter of personal preference). Be sure to pick crisp cucumbers that are not too soft or over ripe. Smaller cucumbers typically will have more flavor than large cucumbers.
- basil - I love using fresh basil, but you can use dried too.
- cilantro - fresh cilantro is best, but if you want, you can omit or substitute with parsely.
- mayonnaise - use your favorite brand.
- salt and black pepper - I like kosher salt, but any salt is fine.
See recipe card for quantities.
Below are photos of the step by step instructions.
Squeeze out excess liquid from cucumbers with paper towels.
Form into ball shape with your hands
Press into patties on the tray
Place into oven at 350 fahrenheit
Hint: leave a u
Substitutions & Variations
There are some great ways to change up this salad easily.
- Cucumber Onion Salad - Red onion or white onions can be added to the salad. Yellow onions may be used too.
- Tomato- You can add a little chopped tomatoes.
- lower calorie - You can sub half of the mayo with Greek yogurt for a lower fat version).
- Dill weed - add a little fresh dill weed for a nice flavor.
- Sharp knife or mandolin slicer
- cutting board if using knife
- large bowl
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap. It tastes just as good the next day.
Visit the search results to see which questions come up under the "People also ask" section for your primary keyword, and answer them here
More Easy Salad Recipes
Creamy Cucumber Salad with Mayo
- 1 cups cooked corn cut from cob
- 1 cups cucumber peeled (about 1 large cucumber)
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the corn in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the cucumber into pieces that are roughly the same size as the corn kernels, and add to the bowl.
- Wrap cucumber slices in paper towels to squeeze out some of the excess moisture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss lightly to incorporate.
- The small amount of mayo will mix with the milkiness of the fresh corn and create a light, flavorful dressing.
I hope you loved this delicious cucumber salad recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!