This Asian Cucumber Salad is a colorful summer salad marinated in a sesame ginger dressing. So good for dinners, potlucks, and picnics and comes together in just minutes.
The weather has been warming up and this recipe is a great side dish for any meal, especially when you want something cool and refreshing!
Hello Friends! How is your week going? This week I ventured out and did a little shopping at the outlet mall. It felt great to be outside and visit a couple of stores. It doesn’t quite feel completely normal yet, but the day had its moments.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty salad to put together quickly. This one is for the cucmeber lovers and it is crisp, cool and refreshing. The dressing is a sesame ginger mixture that tastes amazing on vegetables.
For this salad, I cut my cucumbers in slices, but you can dice or chop them if you prefer. You can also slice the cucumbers thinner if you wish. Let’s look at what goes into this salad.
Asian Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
Persian Cucumbers – Persian cucumbers are smaller than the traditional cucumbers. They have thinner skin. I usually get mine at Trader Joes. They come in a package of 5 or 6 cucumbers.
Onion – I prefer purple onions for this salad because they have a nice color and sweetness. White onions would also work well in this recipe.
Peppers – I used mini-peppers for this recipe as that is what I had on hand, but you can use any color bell pepper.
Sesame Oil – For the Asian Cucumber Dressing, I use two types, Sesame Oil and Sesame Chili Oil, The Sesame Chili oil adds some kick and spice, but you can just use the Sesame oil for this recipe if you prefer.
How to make Asian Cucumber Salad
The full recipe is below, but basically, this recipe is just three simple steps:
- Wash vegetables.
- Cut Vegetables and prepare the dressing.
- Coat with dressing.
For more great seasonal salad recipes ideas, check out:
- Spaghetti Salad recipe is perfect for a summer meal or side dish. Cool and refreshing with fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Updated Three Bean Salad – An updated twist on a classic salad.
- Make-Ahead Taco Salad –If you love tacos, this salad might be your new favorite.
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – One of our reader favorites that has been pinned thousands of times!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 bell pepper or 2-3 mini bell peppers, washed and chopped
- 4-5 Persian/Asian cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame chili oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 14 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Wash and cut cucumbers.
- Place cucumbers in a bowl and add onions.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour over cucumbers and toss to coat.
- You can wash ane prepare the cucumbers, onion, carrots and bell pepper ahead of time and refrigerate.
- You can also do the same with the dressing and just combine when you are ready.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.