This Crunchy Asian Cucumber Salad is a colorful summer salad marinated in a sesame ginger dressing. So good for dinners, potlucks, and picnics and comes together in just minutes.
The weather has been warming up and this recipe is a great side dish for any meal, especially when you want something cool and refreshing!
This is one of our delicious easy salad recipes that you will want to bookmark.
Why Try This Recipe
Taste. This crunchy asian cucumber salad is refreshing and delicious. With a tangy dressing and lots of crunch from the fresh cucumbers. The dressing is a sesame ginger mixture that tastes amazing on vegetables.
Easy Recipe. Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty salad to put together quickly. This one is for the cucumber lovers and it is crisp, cool and refreshing.
Versatile. You can make this a spicy asian cucumber recipe by dialing up the heat. You can also add other fresh vegetables such as carrots or radishes.
For this salad, I cut my cucumbers in slices, but you can dice or chop them if you prefer a chopped asian cucumber salad. You can also slice the cucumbers thinner if you wish.
Asian Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
Persian Cucumbers – Persian cucumbers are smaller than the traditional cucumbers. They have thinner skin. I usually get mine at Trader Joes. They come in a package of 5 or 6 cucumbers.
Onion – I prefer purple onions for this salad because they have a nice color and sweetness. White onions would also work well in this recipe.
Peppers – I used mini-peppers for this recipe as that is what I had on hand, but you can use any color bell pepper.
Sesame Oil - For the Asian Cucumber Dressing, I use two types, Sesame Oil and Sesame Chili Oil, The Sesame Chili oil adds some kick and spice, but you can just use the Sesame oil for this recipe if you prefer.
Be sure to check out the Cucumber and corn salad and this Cucumber Radish salad too.
How to make Asian Cucumber Salad
The full recipe is below, but basically, this recipe is just three simple steps:
- Wash vegetables.
- Cut Vegetables and prepare the dressing.
- Coat with dressing.
It is up to you. Asian cucumbers have a thinner skin, so I like to leave them with their skin on. You can peel them if you like.
Yes, you can make cucumber salad ahead of time, but don't add the dressing until just before serving or the salad can become soggy and lose its crunchiness.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
More Easy Salad Recipes
- Spaghetti Salad recipe is perfect for a summer meal or side dish. Cool and refreshing with fresh seasonal vegetables.
- Updated Three Bean Salad - An updated twist on a classic salad.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad - The BEST cucumber salad recipe and so easy!
- Make-Ahead Taco Salad -If you love tacos, this salad might be your new favorite.
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – One of our reader favorites that has been pinned thousands of times!
- BLT Salad - Delicious flavors of bacon, lettuce and tomato in a salad!
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- You can wash ane prepare the cucumbers, onion, carrots and bell pepper ahead of time and refrigerate.
- You can also do the same with the dressing and just combine when you are ready.
Asian Cucumber Salad
- ¼ cup chopped purple onion
- ½ bell pepper or 2-3 mini bell peppers washed and chopped
- 4-5 Persian/Asian cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame chili oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed.
- ½ teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- 14 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wash and cut cucumbers.
- Place cucumbers in a bowl and add onions.
- In a small bowl or mason jar, combine the remaining ingredients to make the dressing.
- Pour over cucumbers and toss to coat.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
This looks SO good! We can't get enough cucumbers lately. So refreshing.
This looks and sounds amazing! Pinned.
This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.
Thank you so much Ann!
Donna @ Modern on Monticello
This sounds so delicious. Pinned it to try out this summer. Thanks so much for sharing it this week at #HomeMattersParty
Thank you so much for the pin Donna!