This Homemade Peach Cobbler is a delicious way to enjoy fresh peaches this season. Fresh peaches make this summer dessert deliciously juicy!
The crust for this easy old fashioned peach cobbler recipe is made with dollops of dough on a brown sugar-baked peach base.
Delicious with ice cream or whipped topping too! By the way, if you don't have fresh peaches, you can make a peach cobbler with canned peaches.
Why This Recipe Rocks
Hello Friends! I hope you are having an awesome week! It's been a little cooler this week, but still feels like summer. I found peaches on sale at the market and stocked up this week to make this tasty peach dessert.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking to celebrate the fresh fruit of the season in an easy recipe. It may look a bit complicated, but trust me - it is really quite easy. It's a wonderful way to celebrate and enjoy peach season.
This is a great recipe for picnics and barbecues and is sure to become a favorite dessert for summer. Like my Bisquick Apple Cobbler and Fresh Cherry Cobbler, this has a top crust that is crunchy and delicious.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful summer dessert that can be made in about 30 minutes. It only takes a handful of pantry ingredients and peaches and a lemon.
Main Ingredients for this recipe
Peaches – You can use either fresh yellow peaches or fresh white peaches. I prefer yellow peaches as I find them a bit juicier in my region. If you don't have fresh peaches, you can use canned, just make sure to drain them first. Also omit the white and brown sugar if using canned peaches. But I recommend fresh fruit for all fruit desserts. Peaches should be at room temperature and not chilled.
Brown Sugar - Adds a sweet taste and a nice glaze to the cobbler.
Lemon – I use fresh lemon juice, but you can use bottled lemon juice if you do not have a fresh lemon.
Flour – All-purpose flour works best for this recipe.
It's one of those easy desserts that is simple and fun!
How to make Peach Cobbler
The full recipe is below, but here are the basic steps:
1. Blend dry ingredients
2. Add to fresh sliced peaches
3. Place peaches in pan.
4. Make the sugar mixture topping with dry ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients.
6. Make the cinnamon topping.
7. Top the peaches with dollops of dough.
8. Add cinnamon topping.
9. Bake in the oven.
The result is a delicious Peach Dessert! The crunchy cobbler topping sits on the juicy fruit as there is no bottom crust needed.
Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Be sure to bookmark this recipe - it's delicious!
How Do You Store Peach Cobbler?
You will want to store your peach cobbler in a covered container or with wrap in the refrigerator.
Can You Freeze A Cooked Peach Cobbler?
Yes, just like when you buy a frozen pie, you can freeze a cooked peach cobbler. Make sure the cobbler is completely cool before freezing and store it in a sealed container.
Timesaving Tips to Make this Recipe Perfect
- You can substitute frozen peach slices, thawed, for the fresh peaches.
- Peach cobbler is best when it is served after it is made. Store leftover cobbler in a covered container or covered in plastic wrap and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- This cobbler is delicious with pecan praline or vanilla ice cream.
More Easy Peach Desserts
- Peach Iced Tea - refreshing and delicious! If you love peaches, you will love this simple iced tea recipe.
- Peach Pecan Muffins - Great for a summer breakfast, brunch or picnic.
- Peach Ice Cream - An easy no-churn ice cream made with fresh peaches and some cream.
- peach milkshake - A delicious and refreshing iced drink.
Easy Peach Cobbler Recipe
Homemade Peach Cobbler
- 8 fresh peaches peeled, pitted and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter, cold and sliced into pats
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Prepare a 9"x13" baking dish with butter or shortening.
- 3. In a large bowl, stir together the filling for the cobbler: peaches, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- 4. Spoon the peach mixture evenly to the baking dish.
- 5. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 6. As the peaches cook, combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor.
- 7. Add the butter, pulsing until the mixture resembles sand. Add the water and pulse until the dough comes together into a smooth paste.
- 7. Using oven mitts, carefully remove the baking dish from the oven.
- 8. Add dollops of the dough mixture over the peaches as evenly as possible.
- 9. In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon topping and sprinkle evenly over the dough.
- 10. Place the cobbler back in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the peaches are bubbling.
- 11. Cool a few minutes before serving.
We hope you loved this easy old-fashioned peach cobbler recipe. For more great recipes, subscribe to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.