This easy Homemade Peach Iced Tea made with Peach Syrup is refreshing and delicious! If you love peaches, you will love this simple iced tea recipe.
I am a big fan of iced tea and the addition of fresh peaches with iced tea make this an ultimate summer drink.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
Easy. This iced sweet peach tea comes together very quickly with just a few simple ingredients. I make it with hot tea but you can also make it using a cold brew method.
Tasty. The sweet peach flavor from the juicy ripe peaches makes a lovely combination with the iced tea. Why not celebrate peach season with this lovely tea?
Refreshing. This peach tea recipe provides the perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. This tea is made with real peaches and no artificial sweetener. It is a great way to cool off and enjoy the day.
Iced tea is not only easy to make, but it is also a very inexpensive drink to make. Make a big batch for those warm summer days.
Ingredients For this Recipe
Tea– Many ask, how many tea bags for a gallon of sweet tea? For this recipe, we are using three family-sized tea bags. If you are using regular tea bags, you will need eight of them for a gallon. I used black tea bags but feel free to experiment with a different flavor tea.
Peaches - I used red peaches, but you can use white or a mixture of both.
Water – Tap water is boiled for this recipe so no need to use bottled water.
Sugar – This has a bit of sugar in it, but you can control the sweetness to your taste and use less sugar if you want.
Variations on this recipe.
You can sweeten the tea with a dash of honey or agave syrup if you would rather.
Amounts and full recipe in recipe card.
How to Make Peach Iced Tea
How to make Peach Syrup for Iced Tea
This simple syrup made with fresh peaches is perfect for adding to ice tea, lemonade and other summer drinks.
Step 1 - Make the peach iced tea syrup by first washing the peaches.
Step 2 - Cut the peach into small pieces.
Step 3 - Combine sugar, peaches and 2 cups of water and cook over medium heat.
Step 4 - Strain the peaches. Set aside.
How to Make Peach Ice Tea
Step 1 - Boil water in a saucepan or tea kettle.
Step 2 - Add tea bags.
Step 3 - Remove tea bags and add the homemade peach syrup to the tea.
Step 4 - Serve over ice. Garnish with fresh peach slices if desired.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe!
Tips for Iced Peach Tea
- You can control the amount of sugar used in the iced tea, so taste along the way and add as needed.
- Garnish with peach slices in glass the extra peaches will add more flavor.
- Experiment with different types of tea and remember you can add more tea if you like a stronger tea flavor.
- The steeping time depends on the type of tea and your preference for strength. Generally, black tea is steeped for 3-5 minutes,
- You can make the peach syrup and/or the tea in advance the day before you plan to serve.
You can use either. Tea bags save you a little time.
There are several methods, but the most common ones are the hot brew and cold brew methods. For hot brew, steep the tea in hot water, then cool it down with ice. For cold brew, steep the tea in cold water in the refrigerator overnight for a smoother, milder flavor.
About 3-4 days at the most.
More Refreshing Iced Tea Recipes
For more great refreshing, summer drink ideas, check out:
- Simple Sweet Tea Recipe - A McDonald's copycat recipe.
- Strawberry Iced Tea - Delicious iced tea with fresh strawberry juice!
- Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade – If you are a lemonade lover, you will love this refreshing twist.
- Watermelon Agua Fresca – A refreshing and thirst-quenching drink made from fresh watermelon. SO GOOD!
More Peach Recipes
- Homemade Peach Cobbler - A delicious peach cobbler recipe that is so easy to make!
- Peach Pecan Muffins – Great for a summer breakfast, brunch or a picnic.
- Peach Ice Cream – An easy no-churn ice cream made with fresh peaches and some cream.
- Peach Bourbon Smash - A sexy cocktail made with fres peaches! So good!
Peach Iced Tea Made with Peach Syrup
- large saucepan or medium sauce pan
- fine mesh strainer
- 4 large fresh peaches washed, pitted, and cut into chunks
- 10 to 16 cups water divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 family-size tea bags
- 1In a medium pot, combine peaches, sugar, and 2 cups of water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the peaches are falling apart.
- Strain the peach syrup using a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl. Set peach syrup aside. (Save cooked peaches for another recipe or discard.)
- Meanwhile, in a medium pot, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove the pot from heat and place the tea bags into the water.
- Allow to steep for 8 to 12 minutes. Gently press any excess liquid from the tea bags and discard the tea bags.
- Pour syrup into a gallon-size pitcher, add the homemade iced tea. Add the remaining water one cup at a time, tasting between additions until you reach the desired sweetness.
- For best flavor, refrigerate overnight before serving.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!