This Easy Pulled Pork Sliders recipe is a family favorite and so simple! These Pork Sliders are made with a simple, homemade barbecue sauce. Made in a slow cooker with a pork shoulder roast and delicious!
These are so flavorful and because you make them in a slow cooker, they practically cook themselves.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you well! We are getting ready for a quick camping trip. I have never been so excited to camp, but since so many of our trips were canceled this year, I am just ready to get out of the house for a few days.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a quick and simple dinner idea. It also reminds me of summer days spent on a tropical vacation.
This recipe just takes a few main ingredients:
Pork – I use a pork shoulder for this recipe. Roasts are best cooked slowly, so you will want to use the low slow cooker setting for this recipe,
Sauce –This easy to use recipe makes a lovely homemade barbecue sauce in minutes. When it slow cooks with the pork, it becomes rich and tangy.
Cabbage – I love to use cabbage with pork sliders, but you can use shredded lettuce if you wish. You can use green or purple cabbage or even coleslaw.
How to make Pork Sliders
Mix the barbecue sauce ingredients and pour over pork shoulder.
Then turn the slow cooker on low and cook for 10-12 hours.
The result is a delicious barbecued pork roast. Use two forks to pull the cooked pork apart. Build the sandwiches with a little cabbage and you are ready to rock!
If you love this recipe, check out these other pork recipes:
- Stovetop Pork Chops – These simple stovetop pork chops are always simple to make and they taste wonderful.
- Skillet Brown Sugar Pork Chops –These skillet pork chops are a simple meal idea for a weeknight. Made with a brown sugar sauce, they are tangy and tender.
- Saucy Pork Chops – These stovetop pork chops have a tangy apricot flavor that makes them saucy and delicious!
- Pork Chops with Honey – A delicious and colorful dinner idea that comes together in minutes.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Easy Pulled Pork Sliders
- 1 (3-4 lbs) pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup bottled barbeque sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slider or hamburger buns
- shredded cabbage (optional)
- Place a liner or lightly grease slow cooker pot.
- Place onion on bottom of the pot.
- Place pork shoulder on top of onions in the pot.
- Mix together all other ingredients (except buns and cabbage) in a spouted cup or bowl. Mix well.
- Season pork with pepper and pour the sauce over roast.
- Cook in slow cooker 10 - 12 hours.
- Turn off slow cooker and use two forks to pull cooked pork apart.
- Spoon cooked pork onto buns and add a little cabbage to each slider.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.