These Easy Grilled Burgers are flavorful, juicy and so easy to make. Made with a delicious blend of spices, these burgers are wonderful!
Perfect as a summer dinner or lunch idea, these grilled hamburgers are loved by many. Made with ingredients that you likely have on hand already, this recipe comes together in just about 30 minutes!
This grilled burger recipe is not only easy, it is flavorful and inexpensive! We grill burgers on the barbecue at least once a month as it is part of our dinner rotation.
Why This Recipe
Grilled burgers are a favorite any time of year. They are as American as apple pie and on a given weekend, they are a favorite barbecue staple.
The key to great grilled burgers is the seasoning blend and cooking over an open flame. There is nothing like a super juicy and satisfying grilled burger.
This recipe has been a favorite in our family for a long time. The spices come together to enhance the meat, resulting in a juicy, delicious grilled hamburger. They are moist, with a smokey flavor without being dry.
You will only need a few ingredients and a few tools. You can use a gas grill, charcoal grill or indoor grill with this recipe.
Ingredients For Grilled Burgers
You will need a few ingredients for making grilled burgers.
Ground Beef – I use Grade A beef. I typically use an 80/20 blend. If you want a juicier burger, you can use ground beef that is 70 percent lean and 30 percent fat.
Buns – Use your favorite burger bun.
Spices – These are the spices I use to season the ground beef::
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
Burger toppings – The topping possibilities are endless, but these are the toppings I typically use:
- Thousand Island Dressing
How to Make Grilled Burgers
- Season the ground beef with the spices in a bowl.
- Form the patties into burgers and make an indentation in each.
- Cook on a hot grill.
- Turn over burgers over until cooked to your liking. (see below for cooking times)
For rare burgers, cook for 4 minutes total (125°F)
For medium-rare burgers, cook for 5 minutes total (135°F)
For medium burgers, cook for 6 to 7 minutes total (145°F)
For well-done burgers, cook for 8 to 9 minutes total (160 °F)
What Toppings go on Grilled Burgers?
You will want to serve some tasty toppings with your burgers. Besides the usual vegetables and cheese, you can also add bacon, chili or pickles to the cooked burgers.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- In a small bowl, mix together the spices for the seasoning
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and dried minced onions and mix together. Don’t overwork the mixture
- Divide beef into 8 equal portions
- Form into patties and make an indentation in the center
- Heat grill to 350 degrees or medium-high heat
- Cook burgers 4-5 minutes on each side
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- For a juicy burger, use ground beef that is no leaner than 85 percent.
- Don’t use pre-made patties, you will get more flavor making the patties yourself.
- Don’t forget to toast the hamburger buns. A cold bun will take away from a delicious burger.
What Should I Serve With Grilled Burgers?
Grilled Beef Skewers -These juicy meat and vegetable kebabs are a lovely barbecue idea.
Pulled Pork Sliders – A delicious pulled pork sandwich recipe and great for tailgating too!
Grilled Lemon Chicken with Thyme – Grilled checkin in a lovely lemon marinade.
Easy Grilled Asparagus -Made easily in minutes on your grill and a healthy side dish for potlucks and barbecues!
Air Fryer Hamburgers – No need to use the grill, make these burgers in your air fryer.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.