These easy Grilled Beef Skewers are perfect for a lunch or dinner idea when the weather is good! Marinaded in a tangy sesame sauce and delicious!
If you can marinate the meat the night before, or at least a few hours before you plan to barbecue, that is when you will get the most flavor. I used my Best Teriyaki Sauce Marinade for this recipe. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We are enjoying the cool weather of the season and enjoying watching our sports. There is nothing like getting together with family and friends around the television to enjoy a good game or movie.
Today I am sharing a recipe for a basic beef marinade. You can use this for kebabs or stir fry. My mom used to make beef marinade quite a bit and this is her recipe with a few additions.
Meat thermometer –
Grill – We use a gas grill.
Skewers – You can use metal or wood skewers. I use wood skewers and always soak them in water before using them.
Chef’s Knife or Slicing Knife and Cutting Board
Container with a sealable lid or sealable plastic bag.
List of main ingredients:
Beef –I have found that top sirloin or tenderloin is the best for kebobs. Sometimes, these cuts can be pricey, so strip steak also works.
Bell Peppers – I love to use a mixture of colors for a festive look, but the green variety is usually the least expensive.
Marinade – The marinade I used is very simple and the recipe is below.
For more great recipes ideas
I love serving kebobs with rice or salad. Other great side dishes for this meal are:
- This easy fruit salad – which is colorful and healthy for a picnic or barbecue. This Summer salad recipe is a great way to add fresh summer fruits to your menu.
- Dill Cold Pasta Salad Cool, refreshing, and creamy and made with fresh seasonal vegetables and dill weed.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Grilled Beef Skewers
- 2 pounds beef sirloin steak, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into chunks
- seasoning salt
- black pepper
1. In a small bowl or mason jar, whisk the ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the meat into smaller pieces, trying to be as uniform as possible.
3. Place meat into a resealable bag or a container with a airtight lid. Marinate in the refrigerator a few hours or overnight.
4. Prepare skewers while grill is heating.
5. Cook the skewers on the grill, turning frequently until nicely browned on all sides and the meat is no longer pink in the center, about 12 - 15 minutes.
More Beef Recipes
- Beef Stroganoff – Made easily in minutes, the rich beef flavor, hot pasta, and creamy goodness make for a wonderful and comforting meal in about 30 minutes.
- Sloppy Joe Casserole – A classic recipe casserole style. Perfect for potlucks and parties too!
- Irish Meat Pies – Delicious hand-held meat and potato pies that work for both dinner and an appetizer!
- Cast Iron New York Steaks – Delicious grilled steaks made in a skillet on your stovetop.
-Prechop the pecans and keep them in the freezer ahead of time. This is a great tip for using nuts in other recipes.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.