These easy S' mores cupcakes are a wonderful way to enjoy the flavors of smores for summer. These cupcakes with chocolate and marshmallow are a summer favorite and really easy to make.
These festive chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker cupcakes are great at any time of year, but especially enjoyed in summer! Made with a boxed cake mix, these cute s'mores desserts are always a hit at potlucks and barbecues.
I've got another fun Smores dessert recipe coming your way today. To me, nothing says summer like smores, and today's smores treat comes in the form of a cupcake. If you have been here a while, you know that I have a few fun (and simple) smores recipes on the site (they are listed below).
To be honest, sometimes I favor desserts with the flavor of smores rather than actual smores themselves. Does that make sense? It is nice to get the flavors in other forms.
Because today’s recipe isfor a wonderful s' mores dessert from a cake mix, it just makes life easier and we are all about easy!
List of main ingredients:
Devil's Food Cake Mix– Devil's food works great, but you can also use chocolate or milk chocolate cake mix for this recipe.
Graham Cracker Crumbs – I put graham cracker crumbs in a ziplock bag and just crush with my hand. You can also buy readymade graham cracker crumbs too.
Milk Chocolate – I suggest using milk chocolate bars with squares imprinted for ease of use. You can also top with milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
Butter - Be sure to use real butter for this recipe.
Eggs - I use Grade AA eggs
How to Make S'mores Cupcakes
- Crush Graham Crakers and place crumbs in cupcake pan
- Mix together cake mix ingredients.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips nd a few graham cracker crumbs and b.ake
- Make frosting and frost the cooled cupcakes. So easy!
Don't forget to bookmark this post
There are a few things to help save time:
- Keep crushed graham crackers in your pantry in a sealed container. You can make them yourself by crushing the crackers. These are so great for recipes and to top on ice cream and other desserts.
- Use cupcake liners to save time on clean up.
- Make the frosting the day before and keep in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature for frosting the cupcakes.
More Delicious S'mores Recipes
Here are a few of my favorite S' mores Dessert recipes:
- S'mores Cookies - The flavors of smores in a fun cookie!
- S' mores Marshmallow Pops - A fun summer treat that embraces the flavor of summer.
- S'mores Dip - A delicious sweet marshmallow and chocolate dip that is wonderful served with graham crackers.
- S'mores Mix - A tasty trail mix with all the flavors of s'mores.
- S' mores Brownies - Level up a storebought brownie mix for a delicious dessert.
- S'mores Ice Cream - An easy no-churn ice cream recipe with the flavors of marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers.
Easy S'mores Cupcakes
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 ½ cups graham crackers about 20 crushed
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 box
- Devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Marshmallow Frosting
- 1 container 7 oz marshmallow creme
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- Chocolate bars
- Graham Cracker crumbs
- Mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Add cupcake liners to pan and set aside
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar together
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl and blend into crumb mixture until well combined
- Add 1 tablespoon mixture to each liner and press down with spoon or tart shaper
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before adding cupcake batter
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, buttermilk and oil until smooth
- Divide batter on top of cooled graham cracker crust
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven to wire rack and allow to cool completely
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl
- Add marshmallow creme and vanilla extract and mix until smooth
- Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until smooth
- Frost cupcakes and decorate as desired
- Store leftovers in refrigerator in airtight container
- Best if eaten the same day as baking
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.