This is the Best Chicken Marinade is perfect for indoor or outdoor grilling. Made with herbs and spices, this Homemade Chicken marinade is flavorful and delicious while complementing the chicken.
This is one of the best marinades for chicken breast that I use. It is great for all the ways you enjoy chicken.
Why This Chicken Marinade Recipe?
This easy marinade for chicken can be prepared in minutes. This simple marinade also works well for baked chicken.
Today’s steak chicken recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty marinade to put together quickly. It is best to marinate the chicken for a couple of hours before cooking if you can. This marinate adds wonderful flavor without overpowering the flavor of the meat.
Homemade Marinade is very easy to make with ingredients you likely already have on hand. You can make it yourself with fewer preservatives and you can change up the spices to your liking.
This makes a simple and quick marinade for chicken breasts, thighs, legs, and even chicken wings. It is especially good on grilled chicken.
Ingredients for Chicken Marinade
Lemon Juice – You want to use fresh lemon juice.
Olive oil – Use whichever brand is your favorite.
Worcestershire Sauce –
Garlic – Fresh garlic is best, but you can use dried minced garlic in a pinch
Herbs – You will need Basil, Parsely and Oregano for this recipe along with salt and pepper.
How to Make Chicken Marinade
- Add lemon juice, oil, and Worcestershire sauce to a bowl.
- Add paprika and brown sugar and blend well
- Add chopped parsley, oregano, garlic and basil. Add salt and pepper.
- Mix well and refrigerate.
When ready to cook, remove marinated chicken from the refrigerator and set it at room temperature, 20-30 minutes.
Cook on grill or in the oven until internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Easy Chicken Marinade Recipe
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all marinade ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk until completely combined
- Add chicken to large resealable bag
- Pour marinade over chicken, seal
- Place in refrigerator to chill up to 4 hours
- Remove from refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes
- Cook on grill or in oven
It’s so delicious! Try it on the grill, use a sealed bag to marinate the chicken in the refrigerator. and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes.
Cook on grill or in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165° F.
Timesaving Tips for this Recipe
- Chop the onions and parsley ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For best results, allow the chicken to marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour, but not longer than 6 hours.
- Consider doubling the recipe and storing the extra in the refrigerator to use on another day. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze your marinade for up to 2 months by using an ice cube tray to freeze.
Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce – Rich and flavorful and is also great with chicken.
Thai Chicken Recipe – A delicious and quick chicken dinner idea.
Baked Chicken Tenders – These are baked and better than the drive-thru variety. Perfect with dipping sauce.
Easy Steak Marinade – A spicy and smoky marinade for grilled beef.
Don’t forget to bookmark this page.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon. Please share or bookmark this recipe.