These easy Baked Chicken Tenders are delicious as both an appetizer or as a light dinner or lunch. Chicken breaded in a light crispy layer and baked easily in the oven.
Today I want to share with you an easy recipe for chicken tenders baked in the oven, I used to make these a lot when my kids were younger and now I make them mostly as an appetizer.
Chicken tenders are easy to make and I love that these are not fried at all. You can bake them in your oven and they are golden brown and crispy and delicious! I will be making a batch for the big game and they are delicious with dressing or salsa.
For more great chicken recipes ideas, check out:
- Chicken Soup with Spaghetti Noodles – a delicious, easy hearty soup recipe.
- Baked Greek Chicken Casserole – A delicious Mediterranean dish with roasted red peppers.
- Baked Salsa Chicken – The easiest chicken casserole recipe ever!
- Thai Chicken Recipe – A great dinner idea made with chicken thighs.
These homemade chicken tenders take just a few ingredients:
List of main ingredients:
Chicken Breasts – Boneless Chicken breast or breast tenders (which are usually cheaper), work best for this recipe.
Bread Crumbs –You will want to use both Panko and plain bread crumbs for this recipe. You can use boxed or homemade crumbs made out of stale bread or crackers.
Eggs – Eggs the batter nice and crispy.
How to make Baked Chicken Tenders
The full recipe is below, but the major steps are:
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Cut chicken breasts
- Mix the bread crumbs, Panko, and seasonings.
- Dip the chicken in the egg wash.
5. Roll tender in breading.
6. Place on a cookie sheet
7. Continue for all chicken pieces.
8. Bake in the oven,
Don’t forget to pin this recipe.
Baked Chicken Tenders
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Panko crumbs
- t teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 chicken breasts or 1 1/2 lbs of chicken tenders.
- In a small bowl beat two eggs. Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a second bowl, add the remaining ingredients except for the chicken.
- Cut chicken breasts into smaller pieces, about 1" by 2"
- Dip each chicken piece in the egg mixture.
- Roll into the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat.
- Bake on a cookie sheet for 7 minutes.
- Turn tenders and bake another 7 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve with mustard sauce or ranch dressing.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 808Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 248mgSodium: 2305mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 67g
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.