This easy Homemade Steak Marinade is perfect for outdoor grilling or in the kitchen using an indoor grill. Savory and peppery, this Steak marinade has just enough spice to truly highlight the flavor or the steaks while not being overwhelming.
It's important to let the flavor of the beef stand out.
Hello Friends! I hope this week finds you happy and healthy! With outdoor cooking in full swing, I wanted to share this tasty beef marinade recipe with you. We love it and is so easy to make.
Today’s steak marinade recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty marinade to put together quickly. It is best to marinate the steaks for a couple of hours before cooking if you can. This marinate adds wonderful flavor without overpowering the flavor of the meat.
Homemade Beef Marinade is super easy to make and it is likely that you have most of the ingredients on hand if you cook often.
You will just need a few ingredients for this recipe and it honestly only takes about 5 minutes to make.This marinade works well with rib eye, top sirloin, flank, New York Strip and skirt steak,
Ingredients for Steak Marinade
Olive oil - Use whichever brand is your favorite.
Soy Sauce - I like to use low-sodium and use this one, but you can use a generic soy sauce too.
Worcestershire sauce - this flavorful sauce adds tamarind and chili pepper extracts for a nice flavor.
Dijon mustard - You want to use any variety of Dijoh, not regular yellow mustard.
Garlic - Fresh garlic is best, but you can use a dried minced garlic in a pinch
Minced Onions - I use dried minced onions for marinades.
Steak seasoning - The one I prefer is this one.
Parsley, finely chopped
How to Make Homemade Steak Marinade
Making a steak marinade is easy, the steps are:
- Assemble ingredients.
- mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix well and store in a container.
Easy Steak Marinade
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup low- sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onions
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined
- Add steak to a sealable container or resealable bag
- Pour marinade over steak, seal and refrigerate for 1-4 hours **see notes
- Remove steaks, discard marinade and allow to come to room temperature
- Grill steaks as desired
When grilling beef, keep in mind the following levels:
Rare (Cool red center):130 ° F
Medium Rare (Warm red center):135° F
Medium (Warm pink center): 145° F
Medium Well (Slightly pink center): 150° F
Well Done (Little or no pink): 160° F
Timesaving Tips for this Recipe
- Chop the onions and parsley ahead of time and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For best results, allow the beef to marinate in the refrigerator at least an hour, but not longer than 6 hours.
- Consider doubling the recipe and storing the extra in the refrigerator to use on another day. It can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can freeze your marinade for up to 2 months buy using an ice cube tray to freeze.
Easy Homemade Teriyaki Sauce - Rich and flavorful and great with chicken, beef or fish.
Grilled Beef Skewers The perfect beef dish to use this marinade! Absolutely delicious!
I highly recommend using Certified Angus Beef when barbecuing beef.
Easy Chicken Marinade - A wonderful marinade for juicy chicken tenders or chicken breasts.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Please share or bookmark this recipe.
This looks fantastic. With Cassidy's birthday today, and Father's Day on the horizon, I know he'd love this.
Happy Birthday to Cassidy!