This colorful Dill Cold Pasta Salad recipe is perfect for a summer meal or side dish. Cool , refreshing and creamy and made with fresh seasonal vegetables and dill weed. Be sure to check out our other great summer salad recipes.
This cold pasta salad is the perfect side dish or meal to enjoy year-round. It is especially refreshing when the weather is hot and you want to enjoy a simple salad. As you know, all our recipes have to be two things, delicious and simple.
Last week was very busy with school starting and we enjoyed this transition time with football and food this weekend. I love that it is still summer for a few more weeks and am ready for a cool down in the weather.
This Vegetable Spaghetti salad is perfect to make any time of year for dinner or lunch and is great for a barbecue or picnic too!
How Do You Make Dill Pasta Salad?
It is easy! All you do is cut some fresh peppers, celery, and tomatoes, boil a pot of pasta and top with some salad dressing.
Tips for this recipe:
- You can change up the noodles and use linguini, bowtie or any other type of pasta, including whole wheat pasta.
- I like to use half of two different color bell peppers for added flair. You can also use mini peppers for this recipe.
This salad makes a great side dish, but you could also add some chicken or shrimp and make it a meal very easily!
If you are packing this salad to take to a potluck, I like to change up the colors of the bell peppers for a fun variety.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Dill Pasta Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons.white vineager
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 cups cold pasta
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Rinse pasta with cold water and drain.
- Chop washed cucumber, onions and tomatoes.
- Add vegetables to drained pasta.
- Add mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt, dill weed and pepper and mix well.
To save some time making this Cold Pasta Salad:
- Use pre-cut onion from the grocery store, or prepare your own vegetables the day before and store in the refrigerator.
- Use packaged shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Make this recipe the day before and it will be ready for you when you are.
This recipe is also great as a take-along lunch as long as it stays refrigerated.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please consider giving it a good review, and help me share the recipe on Pinterest! For more great salad recipes, check out:
- Creamy Macaroni Salad – One of our reader favorites that has been pinned thousands of times!
- Perfect Potato Salad – This is an easy and creamy vinegar-free potato salad recipe
- Simple Cucumber Salad A light and colorful cucumber salad which is great when you are low on ingredients.
- Updated Three Bean Salad – An updated twist on a classic salad.
- Penne Pasta Salad – This cold pasta salad is perfect for picnics.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.