This best Chicken Salad Recipe is my favorite variety of chicken salad. Classic chicken salad made with onions, celery, mayo, and spices to make a delicious sandwich.
This chicken salad sandwich can also be made with my lighter chicken salad recipe if you are trying to save on calories. Serve it with wheat, white, or squaw bread for a delicious easy dinner or lunch idea. Be sur to check out my time-saving tips at the end of the recipe.
Hello Friends! It’s warming up and we have been enjoying lots of walks and bike rides lately. I adore being outside this time of year and today’s recipe is the perfect pack up and go meal idea.
This classic salad recipe is entirely simple and it offers so many ways to change it up that I will share in a bit. Always delicious and simple to make.
I serve my chicken salad on a lettuce leaf between two slices of bread. You can also make this in a pita bread too!
Chicken – I like to use chicken I have already baked or a rotisserie chicken for this recipe.
Celery – This adds a nice crunch to the salad.
Nuts – I always choose pecans for this recipe, but walnuts work too. Of course, you can skip the nuts if you wish.
Variations on this recipe:
Try adding a few sliced grapes to this recipe to make it a grape chicken salad sandwich.
You can add a little bit of curry to change up the flavor. I would add 1 teaspoon to the mixture and just make sure it is blended well.
For more great Chicken recipes ideas
- Lighter Chicken Salad – A lighter version with cranberries and pecans that add a wonderful crunch!
- Easy Southwestern Chicken Salad – a southwestern
- Chicken Florentine Pasta – Made on your stovetop in about 30 minutes. This is a lighter version and it tastes delicious too!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe
Best Chicken Salad Recipe
1. Add all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl. 2. Mix until well blended. 3. Refrigerate until serving. 4. Make sandwich with two slices of bread.
1. Add all ingredients except chicken in a large bowl.
2. Mix until well blended.
3. Refrigerate until serving.
4. Make sandwich with two slices of bread.
- Chop the pecans ahead of time and keep them in the freezer. This is a great tip for using nuts in other recipes
- .Use a rotisserie chicken for a great time-saver.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.