This Easy Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe is perfect for summer evenings and so easy to make! This is also great as a meal planning lunch idea. It goes nicely with this salsa.
Southwest Chicken Salad is a flavorful lunch or dinner idea with a kick! Easy to make and filled with fresh vegetables.
Hello Friends! Are you enjoying lots of summer activities this week? This last weekend we had an opportunity to see many friends and family members which is always a wonderful way to spend summer days. Our kitchen facelift (not really a remodel) is almost done and that meant easy preparation meals were a must.
This quick Southwestern Chicken salad recipe is easy to put together in just minutes, if you have the chicken already prepared. It is a great recipe to save some time with a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
It goes great on its own or with tortilla chips or soup for a heartier meal.
This salad recipe also makes for a wonderful packable lunch idea.
The secret to this salad is in the sauce. It’s made with yogurt so it is on the lighter side.
Ingredients for Southwest Chicken Salad
Cooked Chicken – You can cook your own or use Rotisserie chicken.
Lettuce – Romaine works nicely with this salad.
Tomatoes – I used cherry tomatoes
Onion – I like to use purple onion, but you can use any variety.
Corn – You can use fresh corn or canned
Taco Seasoning – You can use store-bought or make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning.
Cilantro – This adds a nice flavor.
Don’t forget to save this recipe!
I love how easy these come together!
Easy Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe
Easy Southwestern Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed
- 1/2 bell pepper chopped
- 1 small bunch cilantro chopped (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Mexicorn or sweet corn drained
- 1/3 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
- In a large bowl, shred Romaine lettuce.
- Add bell pepper, cilantro, onion, black beans, corn and tomatoes.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl or large food bag, combine chicken and taco seasoning.
- Mix until well-coated.
- Prepare dressing (recipe below).
- Serve salad, topped with chicken and dressing.
Southwestern Salad Dressing
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup salsa
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
Mix together in a bowl or jar and chill for a few minutes, if possible before serving.
This salad is even made easier with these simple shortcuts:
- Use a rotisserie chicken
- Use a bagged romaine salad blend
- Pre-chop the vegetables in the morning or evening before so it is quick to put together.
- Prepare the salad dressing the evening before.
For more Tasty easy summer recipes, check out:
- Spicy Chicken Wraps – Each delicious chicken tortilla wrap is filled with chicken, spices, vegetables and is full of flavor!
- Mango Arugula Salad Recipe – A light arugula salad with mango and Parmesan topped with a wonderful mustard vinaigrette dressing.
- Easy Mediterranean Salad – An easy Mediterranean Salad made with peppers, cabbage, cherry tomatoes, and Feta cheese. Perfect as a main entree or side dish.
- Simple Caprese Salad – A easy and light salad recipe that is as beautiful as it is delicious.
We hope you enjoyed this quick and easy recipe. If you enjoyed this recipe, please consider sharing. We would love it if you did! If you make it and share it on Instagram, please tag us and let us know!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
What is your favorite summer salad?