These Spicy Chicken Wraps make a wonderful lunch or dinner idea. I tend to make these in the summer season when we want something a little lighter.
You can control the amount of spice you like in these tortilla wraps so they don’t have to be very spicy if you prefer them that way. Be sure to check out my time-saving tips after the recipe.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We have been enjoying walks and bike rides to the beach. This time of year the beach is truly wonderful, although it does tend to get a little crowded.
Today I am sharing a delicious chicken wrap recipe that is so perfect for lunches or dinners and is easy to make. I also consider it a healthy meal idea, because it is filled with vegetables and chicken with just a few carbs in the tortilla. You can also use a low carb wrap if you like.
I can’t even tell you how good this recipe is, but it is just filled with flavor and spice.
You can also change up the vegetables if you wish. These are the vegetable that I typically use, but use whatever is available and on sale at your local grocer or farmers market.
List of main ingredients.
Chicken– I use chicken tenders or chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can use chicken thighs too!
Avocado – I personally love the avocado in this recipe, but of course, you can omit if you want.
Tomatoes – You can use any variety you want in this recipe, even cherry. I typically use Roma or on the vine tomatoes.
Lettuce – You can use just about any kind of lettuce that you have. I use Romaine and get great results.
For more great recipes ideas
- Best Chicken Salad Sandwich – This best Chicken Salad Recipe is my favorite variety of chicken salad. Classic chicken salad made with onions, celery, mayo, and spices to make a delicious sandwich.
- Chicken Florentine Pasta – Made on your stovetop in about 30 minutes. This is a lighter version and it tastes delicious too!
- Chicken Bowls – These southwestern chicken bowls are nice for a lighter meal and perfect in the summer!
How to make Chicken Wraps –How to Wrap a Tortilla
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe. This recipe makes two wraps but it can be doubled or tripled if needed. You can store the wraps in the refrigerator if you make them ahead of time.
Spicy Chicken Wraps
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 2 8" or 10" tortillas
- 1 tomato
- 1 avocado
- 2 slices purple onion
- 1 tomato, washed and diced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped jalapenos if desired.
1. In a saucepan, mix the cooked chicken with 1 tablespoon taco seasoning coating all chicken.
2.On a plate or board, lay the tortilla open.
3. Add cooked chicken to the tortilla.
4. Add tomatoes, lettuce, onion, avocado and optional jalapenos.
5. Fold over bottom of the wrap and then fold sides over.
6. Serve with salsa or hot sauce.
We hope you enjoyed this easy Chicken Tortilla Wraps Recipe! If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.