This delicious Chipotle Mayo recipe is an easy way to elevate a boring sandwich or wrap. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this "Mayonesa chipotle" ads a delicious mild smoky flavor with a bit of heat on your favorite sandwich spread.
This is one of my favorite homemade condiments for turkey and chicken sandwiches and more.
It is easy to make your own flavored mayo and this chipotle sauce is just one of our easy homemade sauce recipes that you will want to bookmark for later.
Why This is a Great Homemade Chipotle Mayo Recipe
Tasty - This easy chipotle mayo recipe can elevate the taste of sandwiches, burgers, wraps, and salads. This mayo has a chipotle kick to it that really brings out the flavors. It is a delicious dipping sauce for french fries, and a addition to most Mexican foods such as tacos, tostadas and burritos.
Inexpensive and easy recipe - This recipe is relatively inexpensive to make as compared to store-bought flavored mayonnaise blends. It is also an easy way to add extra flavor to dishes with just a few simple ingredients.
Versatile - Flavored mayonnaise is so versatile. This creamy sauce can be used as a condiment, a dip, a spread, or as an ingredient in dressings, sauces, and marinades. You can create your own unique and delicious flavors by changing up flavors in your dishes.
This chipotle mayonnaise recipe requires just a handful of ingredients
- mayonnaise - I like Best Foods
- canned chipotles in adobo sauce (in the Mexican food section at the grocery store)
- lime juice - from fresh limes is best.
- paprika - adds a nice smoky flavor.
- chili powder - your favorite brand.
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- More spicy - add a splash of sriracha to kick up the spice level.
- Less spicy - add more regular mayo or sour cream to dial the heat down
- Vegetarian - Use a vegetarian friendly mayonnaise.
- large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
How to Make Chipotle Mayo
Step 1 - In a large bowl, add spices, chipotle sauce and mayonnaise.
Step 2- Add lime juice.
Step 3 - blend well with a whisk or spatula.
Step 4 - Pour sauce into a serving container. Even better if you have one with a lid for storing.
Store leftover sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
A great way to save some time is to make a chipotle puree with a can of chipotle peppers ahead of time. the resulting Chipotle paste can be used in recipes such as quesadillas and chicken pasta with adobo sauce.
No, although they are similar in taste, aioli is made with egg yolks. resulting in a thicker consistency compared to mayonnaise. dldldldldl
Absolutely, it goes great with chicken wings, potato wedges or fresh vegetables.
It should last about a week in the refrigerator.
More Spicy Sauce & Seasoning Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Chipotle Mayo Sauce is the perfect condiment for:
- burrito bowls
- pinwheel tortilla roll ups
- chicken salad
- crab cakes
- baja fish tacos
- grilled shrimp
- Turkey, chicken and roast beef sandwiches
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Teaspoons Adobo Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Store in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 1 week.
You can use lemon juice in place of the lime juice, if desired.
Store in an airtight container.