Today I am sharing How to Make Homemade Potato Wedges. Homemade potato wedges are seriously easy to bake in your oven and are a delicious way to enjoy potatoes.
Oven Baked Potato Wedges make a great side dish to most meals, they can be served with chicken, beef, fish and sandwiches.
Hello Friends! Oh my, the weather has been warm and we have been enjoying the long days. As we head towards fall, I have many recipes that take me from summer to fall.
Today’s homemade potato wedges recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty side dish to put together quickly. I like to make these wedges often because they go with so many dinner recipes. Once you do the initial preparation, they just about bake themselves.
For more great side dish recipes for this season, check out:
Asian Cucumber Salad – A Cool and crisp salad that is wonderful any time of year.
Vegetable Spaghetti Salad -Cool and refreshing with fresh seasonal vegetables.
Baked Sweet Potatoes – Made in the oven without added sugar for a rich, side dish.
The homemade potato wedges are crispy and buttery and besides being simple to make, they are actually a very economical side dish.
What are tips for this recipe
List of main ingredients:
Potatoes – Russet potatoes work best for this recipe.
Butter – Real butter is always my choice, but you can use margarine if youlike.
Cheese – I’m made these with Parmesan for a light cheese flavor.
Variations on this recipe.
You can add bacon pits to the wedges.
How to Make Homemade Potato Wedges
There are just a few steps to make potato wedges.
- Make the marinade.
- Cut the potatoes into wedges (Each potato is cut three times, in half, in quarters and then eighths.
- .Arrainge the potatoes in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Pour the marinade over the potatoes.
Then, put the potatoes in the oven.
Today’s recipe is a wonderful potato side dish. It is great for barbecues too!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Homemade Potato Wedges
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon [epper
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except potatoes, set aside.
- Wash potatoes and cut each in half three times lengthwise to make 8 wedges per potato.
- Place potatoes on a cookie sheet at least 3/4" apart.
- Pour olive oil mixture over potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning potatoes once after first 20 minutes.
Use a cookie sheet with a lip so that oil does not run off.
- You can use preshredded Parmesan cheese for this recipe.
- Prepare and cook these in the morning and reheat them on the grill if you don’e want to turn the oven on later in the day.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.