A delicious Hamburgers in the Air Fryer recipe for those days when you just want to get dinner on the table quickly. Made with ground beef and spices, my Air Fryer Hamburgers recipe comes together in just about 30 minutes!
These get a grilled flavor from the air fryer so they are the next best thing to grilled burgers when you don't want to get the grill out.
Why This Recipe
Air Fryer hamburgers are a nice dinner idea because you can customize them to everyone's taste. cheese, no-cheese, tomatoes, pickles are all side idems you can serve with this easy meal idea.
The result is a juicy burger that is full of flavor. And with the air fryer, you can make a few at a time.
Seasoning has a lot to do with making a delicious burger and this recipe won't disappoint.
Before you know it you will have a delicious burger dinner on the table.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Hamburgers
Ground Beef – I use Grade A beef. I typically use an 80/20 blend. If you want a juicier burger, you can use ground beef that is 70 percent lean and 30 percent fat.
Paprika - This chili based spice has a sweet flavor while adding a little kick.
Garlic Powder - garlic complements almost any savory dish
Onion Powder -gives a mild onion flavor and blends well with other spices
Burger Toppings - see recommended list below.
Buns – Use your favorite burger bun.
How to Make Hamburgers in the Air Fryer
- Mix together ground beef and spices.
- Form into patties.
- Fry in the air fryer. Prepare side items.
- Flip over burgers once and serve with sides.
What temperature to cook hamburgers in the air fryer?
A lot of people have discussed this and I have found that the optimal temperature for my air fryer to be 370°.
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings until well combined. Don’t over work the meat though, it will become tough.
- Divide beef into 4 equal portions, roll into balls and form into patties
- Preheat Air Fryer to 370 degrees F
- Add patties in a single layer into the basket
- Cook for 6-7 minutes, flip burgers and continue cooking until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, about 3-5 minutes
- Add cheese, if using, and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
Timesaving Tips to make this perfect every time
- Double this recipe and when making the patties, freeze half of them for dinner another night.
- Don’t use pre-made patties, you will get a better flavor making the patties yourself.
- Don’t forget to warm the hamburger buns. A cold bun will take away from a delicious burger.
- For added flavor, serve with this Best Chipotle Mayo- so good!
What Should I Serve With Air Fryer Burgers?
I like to serve them with a variety of toppings. Some of my favorites are:
- Red onion
- Romaine Lettuce leaves
- Sliced Tomato
Can I cook frozen hamburgers in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. Preheat the air fryer to 380°. Set the temperature to 380°F and cook for 9-10 minutes.
Then flip the burgers over and cook for an additional 9-10 minutes.
How Long Does it Take to cook a hamburger in the Air Fryer?
Air fryers heat differently, so it depends. It typically takes from 5-10 minutes for each side to cook. I recommend that you check the meat after about 6-8 minutes to be sure it does not overcook.
The BEST grilled burgers to make on your grill or barbecue.- Grilled Burgers -
Easy Patty Melt Recipe - Just like grandma makes! Delicious melted cheese tops these burger sandwiches.
Pulled Pork Sliders - Use your slow cooker to make these fabulous pork sliders.
Monterey Chicken Sandwich – A tasty chicken sandwich with Monterey Jack Cheese and green chilis.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here: Newsletter Sign Up. I share a few things that I don’t share on the blog and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!