This easy Best Avocado Toast with Bacon is a perfect quick breakfast or snack any time of day! Made easily in about 10 minutes, this bacon avocado toast is a nice breakfast item made with fresh tomatoes and avocado.
Can you believe it is Mid-August already? What happened to summer? This year has been so different, but I must say that it is still going by pretty fast.
I'm sharing a super simple recipe or brunch idea today. This easy avocado toast with tomatoes and bacon is a treat any day. I have always loved BLT sandwiches with avocado and honestly, I feel like avocado toast, though a new concept for many, is actually an iteration of a very old favorite. Do you agree?
Why This Recipe?
This is one of those easy recipes you can make in minutes.
The crispy bacon and creamy avocado make a wonderful and flavorful breakfast to change things up a bit.
This is a nice healthy breakfast idea that only takes a few simple steps to make. It is a fun way to elevate a slice of toast.
I love the creaminess of the avocado and the crunchiness of the bacon and toast. Complemented with fresh and juicy tomatoes, it is a wonderful quick breakfast meal idea
List of main ingredients:
Avocado – I prefer Hass avocados as they are the easiest to find in my area. They are creamy and just ripe enough. Make sure you use ripe avocados.
Tomato – I recommend tomato on the vine or Roma tomatoes. Both pack a lot of flavor and freshness without being too hearty. Cherry tomatoes will work too.
Bacon – To me, everything is better with bacon. I like to use low-sodium bacon as it is salty enough for me. You can also use turkey bacon for this recipe. Cook bacon and let dry on a paper towel.
Bread - You can use white, wheat or sourdough bread. Whole grain bread also works well. Bread slices should be toasted.
Variations on this recipe.
Throw on some sprouts for a nice change.
How to make Avocado Toast with Tomato
The steps are simple:
- Toast a slice of bread.
- Slice avocado thinly and place on bread.
- Top with chopped tomatoes
- Top with bacon crumbles.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- You can sprinkle with a little kosher salt if desired, but remember that the bacon has sodium in it already.
- You can use purchased bacon bits if desired but I do not recommend it.
- You can substitute turkey bacon for the pork bacon.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can also make this with an avocado spread: cut avocados and place in a small bowl. Mash with a fork. Spread mashed avocado mixture on toasted bread.
- Top with a little Everything bagel seasoning for a fun, savory twist. Sunflower seeds, alfalfa spouts and red pepper flakes
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- You can make this for lunch with a cup of soup.
If you have an avocado half left, sprinkle with a little lemon juice or lime juice or lemon soda and seal tightly with plastic wrap in the refrigerator,
More Quick Breakfast Ideas:
- Bacon Breakfast Muffins -not only easy to make, but they can also be made ahead of time!
- Quick Breakfast Tacos - A fun, but easy way to change up breakfast.
- Chorizo and Egg Burritos - A favorite in our house and made with just a few ingredients.
- Lemon Breakfast Pastries - When you want a little sweetness with your morning coffee or tea.
Best Avocado Toast with Bacon Recipe
Avocado Toast with Tomato
- 2 slices bread toasted
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 to mato
- 1 pinch black pepper, to taste
- On toasted bread, add ½ of a thinly sliced and peeled avocado.
- Top with chopped tomato.
- Top with topped bacon and sprinkle with a pinch of pepper.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.