A delicious and refreshing Strawberry Iced Tea Recipe that is easy to make and is perfect for any summer day. Perfect for picnics, barbecues, and other outings, it is just sweet enough toe be a refreshing summer drink everyone can enjoy.
Warm weather calls for a refreshing drink and this iced tea with strawberries is lovely and colorful on the alfresco table. Adding a few slices of strawberries looks so pretty and adds flavor. This summer tea is a family favorite in our home.
Strawberry Iced tea is so refreshing and you can enjoy the sweet flavors of fresh strawberries in an iced tea. This iced tea recipe is simple to make as it only requires a few ingredients. You can use your favorite black or green tea for this recipe too.
Flavored iced tea is a wonderful beverage to enjoy all year long, but I find it especially refreshing in summer. On really warm mornings I have been known to enjoy a glass of sweet tea with breakfast!
It’s a great drink to serve at barbecues and parties. You can serve it from a pitcher or clear dispenser for gatherings. If you use a dispenser, do not add strawberries until after pouring or they will get in the way of the dispensing spout.
Strawberry Iced Tea Ingredients
This delicious iced tea just requires a few ingredients.
Strawberries – You want to use fresh, ripe, washed strawberries for this recipe. Pick berries that are plumb and red. Avoid those that er bruised, mushy or moldy. I usually buy the berries the day before or the day of making this so that they are fresh. This recipe will not work with frozen strawberries.
Tea – I used Black tea for this recipe, but you could substitute Green tea if you wish,
Sugar– I use granulated sugar for this recipe.You can also use raw sugar if you like.
Lemon juice – I like using fresh lemon juice. If you do not have fresh lemon juice, you can use the bottled, but really try to use fresh.
Water & Ice –
How To Make Strawberry Iced Tea
The full recipe is below, but the steps are outlined here.
- Pour boiling water over tea bags.
- Add sugar
- Make Strawberry syrup.
- Add strawberry syrup to tea.
Serve over ice. Garnish with strawberry slices and mint sprigs.
- You can refrigerate your strawberry syrup for up to 3 days so if you are planning to host you can make it ahead of time.
- If you like your tea on the sweet side, you can add a little bit of honey.
- You can add a few frozen whole strawberries when serving from a pitcher to make it really festive.
- If you slice the strawberries they release more of their natural juices and sugars than if you put the whole. Also, the riper the strawberry the deeper the color of the syrup.
How Should I Sweeten the Iced Tea?
There are several ways you can sweeten the iced tea. The easiest is to add sugar or honey. But you can also add in simple syrup to iced tea.
Can Iced Tea Go Bad?
Yes, iced tea should generally be enjoyed within a few days of preparing it. Tea should not be left out more than 8 hours at room temperature.
Peach Iced Tea. This delicious peach tea recipe is both refreshing and tasty.
McDonald’s Sweet Tea Copycat Recipe. For the Southern sweet tea lovers, this sweetened tea is just like the one at the arches.
Fruity Iced Tea Flavor up your favorite fruit tea this summer.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
- Strawberry Syrup
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Strawberry Tea
- 1 cup strawberry syrup
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 5 Tea bags, black tea
- 6 cups water
Strawberry Syrup (make this first)
1. Place all the ingredients in a small pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally for around 30 minutes or until the strawberries are soft.
3. Remove from heat and strain into a container. Set aside to cool down.
Strawberry Iced Tea
1. Heat 2 cups of water over medium heat until it’s about to simmer.
2. Turn off heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 5 minutes and discard the tea bags.
3. Add the sugar and stir to combine.
4. Pour the strawberry syrup into a pitcher, add the tea and the remaining 5 cups of water.
5. Finish by pouring the lemon juice and stirring once more.
Fill with ice and serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 1gSugar: 63gProtein: 0g
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.