This 4th of July Fruit Pizza is a fun and festive patriotic dessert that is made with a soft sugar cookie crust topped with a cream cheese frosting and fresh fruit.
This Red white and blue dessert is perfect for Memorial day or other summer holidays like the 4th of July or Labor day.
This is one of our delicious simple July 4th dessert recipes that you will want to bookmark for later.
Why Try This Recipe
Delicious. -This easy dessert pizza rocks with its soft sugar cookie crust, sweet frosting topping and fresh fruit. It's one of our favorite 4th of July desserts.
Festive. This 4th of July fruit pizza is the perfect holiday dessert recipe for any of the patriotic holidays because it has the colors of the flag. A patriotic fruit pizza is an unexpected treat.
Easy. The perfect 4th of July dessert to make with little effort. So easy to make as it is and I will share a few more shortcuts for the fruit pizza recipe below. It is one of the easy recipes you will make time and time again.
- sugar cookie dough ( I used pillsbury sugar cookie dough)
- cream cheese - block or whipped
- fresh strawberries - washed, drained and stems removed.
- fresh blueberries - use fresh berries - wash and drained.
- granulated sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make a Fourth of July Fruit Pizza
Step 1 - Crumble the cookie dough into small pieces on round pizza pan.
Step 2 - Press dough together on pan.
Step 3 - Bake as directed.
Step 4 - Make cream cheese frosting.
Step 5 - Spread cream cheese frosting over cooled crust.
Step 6 - Top the cream cheese layer with fruit. Place blueberries and strawberry slices in a festive pattern (or no pattern at all).
It's the perfect dessert for the season!
Substitutions & Variations
- Fruit - instead of strawberries, you can use fresh raspberries or cherries.
- American Flag Fruit Pizza - You can make a flag pizza with red stripes.
- Chocolate chips - You can add chocolate chips or white chocolate chips to the dough.
- sugar cookie mix - You can use a sugar cookie mix in place of the premade cookie dough.
- large mixing bowl
- round baking sheet or pizza pan
- parchment paper
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Timesaving and Expert Tips
- You can make the cookie crust ahead of time to save prep time when serving.
Wash and dry the fruits thoroughly before slicing or chopping them. It's best to remove any stems, seeds, or tough skin from the fruits. Cut them into bite-sized pieces or slices for easier consumption.
You can create patterns, or simply scatter the fruit evenly across the pizza.
Absolutely, you can make it a flag shape or star shape and use a baking sheet. You can be really creative with this.
More Red White and Blue Desserts to Try
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
4th of July Fruit Pizza
- 1 16.5 oz roll sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- 10 strawberries tops removed and sliced
- ¾ cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Crumble the sugar cookie dough over a 12 inch pizza pan.
- Press the dough into the pan and press together to make your crust, leaving about 1 inch of space around the edge of the pan.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until the cookie crust is golden.
- Allow the cookie crust to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla and sugar and mix to combine.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Decorate with your fruit, we opted to do a line of blueberries around the outside, a line of strawberries, another line of blueberries, then we made a strawberry star with blueberries in the middle.