This Red White and Blue Sangria recipe is as delicious as it is colorful. Made with just a few simple ingredients, this is the perfect cocktail to have on hand for a 4th of July party or Red White and Blue themed party.
The fresh fruit and wine pair well together and make this drink perfect for summer or July 4th.
This patriotic sangria is one of our easy 4th of July recipes you will want to bookmark for later.
Why Make this Recipe
Easy recipe. - This 4th of July Sangria is so easy to make with just a few ingredients. Delicious flavors come together in minutes for your celebration.
Festive. This red white and blue sangria is perfect for celebrations with a patriotic theme. This white wine sangria is the perfect drink for a summer barbecue or for patriotic holidays like Memorial day or labor day.
Delicious and Refreshing - This white sangria is truly refreshing and the fresh fruit make it a lovely cocktail for brunch or happy hour. You could easily make this with red wine too, but it will result in a red sangria.
Red White and Blue Sangria Ingredients
- Moscato, sauvignon blanc or other dry white wine. Pinot Grigio would also work
- Peach Schnapps
- white grape juice
- Fresh fruit - apples, fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries.
See recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Red White and Blue Sangria
Step 1 - Cut out the apple pieces with a small star cutter. Pour Moscato or white wine.
Step 2- Add Peach schnapps and then white grape juice.
Step 3- Stir well and add sliced strawberries.
Step 4 - Add blueberries and stir gently.
Add the apple stars last.
Substitutions & Variations
The beauty of sangria is that it is one of those easy recipes to change up.
- Use a simple syrup in place of the grape juice
- Use different white wine - experiment with different flavors
- Use other blue and red fruits - Add other fresh berries such as fresh blackberries or fresh raspberries
- Feel free to add g a splash of sparkling water or club soda when serving. It can add a refreshing fizziness to your sangria.
- very large pitcher
- 1-inch star cookie cutter
- stirring spoon
- serving glasses
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container or pitcher covered with plastic wrap.
Serve in a clear pitcher so that the colors of the fruit are visible. Serve in clear glass or plastic glasses.
It's best to let sangria sit in the refrigerator for at least a couple of hours. This allows the flavors to blend together and the fruit to become infused by the wine.
Yes, you can use any type of wine for sangria, but red wine and white wine are the most common choices. The beauty of this sangria is that you can easily see the three colors.
Yes! Doing so will allow the flavors to develop and the fruit to infuse the wine. Just make sure to keep it refrigerated until you're ready to serve. Also, I would recommend making the apple stars just prior to serving so that the apple pieces do not turn brown.
More 4th of July Party Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Red White and Blue Sangria
- star cutter
- stirring spoon
- 1 750 ml bottle of Moscato
- 4 ounces Peach Schnapps
- 8 ounces sparkling grape juice
- 1 cup strawberries tops removed and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 honeycrisp apples sliced and cut out into star shapes
- ¼ cup of lime juice or lemon juice to toss the apple pieces in
- Gather your fruit, and toss the honeycrisp apple stars in lime or lemon juice, then drain, to delay browning..
- To a large pitcher, add the entire bottle of Moscato, 4 oz peach schnapps, and 8 ounces sparkling grape juice. Add in strawberries, blueberries, and apple stars. Stir.
- Serve & enjoy!