These Red White and Blue Patriotic Brownies are the perfect chocolate dessert for your 4th of July Party. Made easily with just a few simple ingredients and so delicious.
Whether you are hosting a Fourth of July party or packing a picnic meal for a fireworks display, this is the perfect dessert.
We love celebrating the 4th with fun Patriotic desserts.
Why This is a Great 4th of July Dessert Recipe
Easy Recipe. Brownies are easy to make, requiring only a few ingredients and minimal preparation time.
Delicious. These brownies have all the chocolate flavor that everyone loves, and they always are a family favorite.
Festive. This cake is fun and festive, making it a great dessert option for 4th of July BBQ gatherings and parties.
- brownie mix
- chocolate fudge frosting
- red white and blue chocolate candies (like these red white and blue m&ms)
See recipe card for quantities.
Step 1 - Combine brownie ingredients.
Step 2 - Incorporate eggs one at a time and mix with hand mixer or stand mixer.
Step 3 - Mix until ingredients are fully incorporated. Pour into prepared baking pan and bake as directed.
Step 4 - Once brownies have cooled, add fudge frosting and sprinkles or colored chocolate candies.
Let brownies cool completely before cutting into squares.
Substitutions & Variations
There are many ways to change these up to suit your occasion.
- Candies - Change up the color of the chocolate candies as you wish for other occasions.
- Chocolate Chips - Add a ½ cup of chocolate chips to make the brownies extra chocolatey,
- Vanilla Frosting - You can also use vanilla frosting on the brownies if you wish
Store leftovers (if there are any) in an airtight container at room temperature.
For a fun twist, you can use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut the brownies before frosting.
To prevent brownies from sticking, make sure to grease the baking pan with butter or cooking spray before pouring the brownie batter.
Yes, you can add nuts, chocolate chips, caramel, or any other desired ingredients to the brownie mix. Just fold them into the batter before pouring it into the baking pan.
For best results, let brownies cool 45 - 60 minutes before cutting them.
More Patriotic Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- large mixing bowl
- stand mixer or hand mixer
- baking pan
- 1 box brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Butter
- 3 tablespoon red white, and blue chocolate candies
- 1 cup Chocolate Fudge Icing any brand
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your cake mix according to instruction. Add eggs and water if required. Add softened butter and mix everything with an electric mixer until fully smooth.
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan with vegetable fat or cooking spray. Pour batter evenly in the prepared pan, bake for about 20-22 min or follow the instruction on cake box.
- Prepare chocolate fudge by heating it up in a microwave for about 20-30 seconds. Once its melted spread it on top of a cake and sprinkle it with red, blue, and white chocolate beans.
- Cut into 12 large squares. Serve and enjoy!
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share great recipes for the season that the entire family is sure to love and also a few things that I don’t share here. I will email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!