These 4th of July Strawberries are a fun and tasty way to celebrate the holiday. Made with just a few ingredients, these Red White and Blue strawberries are the perfect 4th of July dessert treat.
Celebrate summer with this festive dessert idea! Red White and Blue strawberries look so festive at a 4th of July party!
This is one of our easy 4th of July recipes that you will want to bookmark.
Why This Recipe Rocks
This is the perfect dessert for any patriotic holiday. I have made these for a Fourth of July party, but they would also work well for Labor Day, Flag day and Memorial Day.
Fun crowd pleaser that is made easily. The perfect treat for a barbecue or al fresco summer dinner.
These are colorful and tasty.
This dessert idea is made with vodka, but you could easily omit if you wish..
- strawberries - pick Juicy Red, large strawberries.
- marshmallow cream
- Red and Blue sprinkles
See recipe card for quantities.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools
- small bowl
- paper towels
- wax paper or parchment paper
The full recipe instructions for this copycat recipe are in the recipe card, below but here is a step by step overview.
Soak strawberries in vodka. Once soaked, let drain on a paper towel for about an hour.
Melt marshmallows, or use marshmallow cream.
Dip strawberries in marshmallow cream or melted chocolate.
Dip in blue sprinkles, leaving some white showing. Place on a cookie sheet or baking sheet to cool.
Substitutions & Variations
- Kid Friendly - You can omit the vodka completely
- White Candy Melts - instead marshmallow cream, you can use melts to coat the chocolate. Use a glass bowl to melt the candy per package directions. You could also use Blue candy melts.
- White Chocolate Chips - similarly, you can use melted white chocolate chips Just add a ½ teaspoon of shortening or coconut oil to a cup of white chocolate chips. Melt in the microwave in 30 second intervals until creamy.
- Sanding Sugar - You can make your won Blue sugar with granulated sugar and a couple of drops of blue food coloring.
Store prepared strawberries in a cool dry place. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
For best results, use fresh ripe strawberries. I also prefer to make these with white chocolate melts if making them for a patriotic theme party as they hold up better for a few hours.
More Festive Dessert Ideas for A Fourth of July Celebration
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Red White and Blue Dessert Trifles
- Independence Day Cupcakes
- Patriotic Pretzels
4th of July Strawberries
- 2 cups Strawberries
- 2 cups vodka
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- patriotic sprinkles
- Pour vodka over clean strawberries.
- Leave in the refrigerator for 1 hour to soak the berries.
- Drain the vodka. Dry the strawberries on a paper towel.
- Dip the strawberries in the cream by half.
- Immediately roll in colored sugar.
We hope you love these fourth of July strawberries.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share delicious recipes for the season and a few things that I don’t share here. I email you only once a week as I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!