Guests will love the gorgeous color of our 4th of July crazy milkshake. This patriotic dessert shake is a fun and festive way to celebrate! Crazy milkshakes are perfect for a 4th of July party or BBQ.
Summer is the time for fun and festive crazy milkshakes and this one is not only tasty - it is fun to drink. You will love this crazy shake recipe.
This is one of my many 4th of July easy recipe ideas that you will want to bookmark for later.
What are Crazy Milkshakes?
A crazy milkshake (or crazy shake) is an over-the-top milkshake that goes beyond a traditional milkshake. These overdone dessert drinks are adorned with extra colorful toppings .
Why You Will Want To Make This Recipe
It's and easy recipe. When making 4th of July desserts from scratch, you want something that is easy to put together so you can be out enjoying the fun too. These can be made rather quickly.
It's delicious. This fun 4th of July dessert idea is both decorative and delicious. Creamy ice cream and milk come together with colorful patriotic sprinkles
It's so festive. The sprinkles and candy melts make this 4th of July crazy shake an eye-catching dessert drink.
- ice cream
- red and blue candy melts
- festive sprinkles
See recipe card for quantities.
Substitutions and Variations
- Candies - You can add colored m&ms to the rim.
- Flavors - You can make the shakes chocolate or strawberry by add ing chocolate syrup or strawberry syrup, respectively.
- Fresh fruits - You can add strawberries and/or blueberries to the shake, but be sure to fold them in gently after making the basic milkshake. If you blend it, the shake will be purple.
How to Make a Crazy Milkshake for the 4th of July
Step 1 - Melt red candy melts in microwave per package directions
Step 2 - Melt red candy melts in microwave per package directions
Step 3 - Using a piping tube with tip, pipe the sides of the glass and rim with each color of the candy melts.
Step 4 - Blend the ice cream and milk in a blender. Pour into prepared glass and top with whipped cream and sprinkles.
- piping tip and piping bag
- serving glasses
Store any leftover milkshake in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If you don't have a blender, you can just let the ice cream soften to room temperature, then add milk, and vigorously whisk or stir until well combined and creamy.
Yes, you can use any type of ice cream that you want. Experiment with different flavors to find your favorite.
Add a little more ice cream and blend or use less milk. Less milk will result in a thicker shake, while more milk will make it thinner.
Definitely! You could add crushed cookies, chocolate chips, or nuts. A crazy milkshake is all about the extra indulgence.
More Fourth of July Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
4th of July Crazy Milkshake
- 1 blender
- 2 Piping bags
- 1 piping tip
- 1 cup blue candy melts
- ⅓ cup red candy melts
- 2 tablespoons star sprinkles
- 2 tablespoons red sprinkles
- 5 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- whipped topping for topping
- Melt candy melts as directed on the package in separate bowls.
- Place some red in one piping bag with the tip and place blue in another piping bag with tip.
- Dip the glass or jar into the melted blue candy melts and drizzle with sprinkles.
- Use the piping bags to drizzle into the glass or jar alternating colors.
- In a blender, blend ice cream and milk together. Pour into the jar.
- Top with whipped topping and drizzle with sprinkles.