A delicious Mint Syrup recipe served with a tangy bang bang shrimp sauce. This mint simple syrup is super easy to make and a must-have for refreshing drinks and desserts! Much better (and cheaper!) than store-bought options.
Why This Recipe
This simple mint syrup recipe is incredibly easy and is made with just three ingredients.
The result is a sweet syrup with the refreshing taste of mint. It adds such a great flavor to a hot or cold drink and some of my favorite ways to use it are iced tea, mojitos, and coffee.
The fresh mint flavor is the perfect way to elevate the flavors of many drinks.
It also makes a nice gift idea for friends.
Ingredients For Mint Simple Syrup Recipe
This recipe only requires three ingredients.
Water – You can use frozen shrimp or shrimp from the seafood section. Honestly, sometimes the shrimp in the seafood section has been
Sugar – White sugar.
Mint- Pick mint leaves by cutting at the stems. Let them dry a little before using.
Equipment and Kitchen Tools Needed
- mesh strainer
- glass jar or mason jar
How to Make Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves only leaves, without the stems
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine water, mint and sugar all the ingredients over medium heat.
- Slowly raise temperature to a high heat and bring to a boil, while mixing, until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the syrup steep for 30 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer into a clean glass container.
- Let cool to room temperature before using.
- Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- and use it in drinks, desserts and other dishes. It lasts for a month.
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- Be sure that you use cooled syrup to the recipe.
- You can store the syrup in a plastic squeeze bottle for easy use.
Can you freeze mint syrup?
Yes, you can freeze the syrup in sealed a freezer-safe container.
What Can I Make with Mint Simple Syrup?
There are so many delicious uses for this syrup. Here are a few below:
Mint Lemonade – Add 2 tablespoons of mint syrup to a glass of lemonade.
Cool Refresher – Mix 2 tablespoon of the syrup with ice water, tonic, or seltzer for a refreshing drink.
Mint Coffee – Add a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the simple syrup and mix well. Then use 2 tablespoons of the vanilla mint syrup in each cup of coffee.
Peppermint Hot chocolate – add a tablespoon of the tasty mint syrup to a cup of your favorite hot cocoa.
Mint Julep cocktail
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
We hope you enjoyed this delicious recipe idea. If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe to the newsletter here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.