This Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake is a wonderful dessert cake for any season. It is a beautiful cake as a complement with coffee or tea or as an afternoon snack.
I love the rich taste of a chocolate chip banana cake and to me, it is a nostalgic treat that my grandmother used to make. This one has the subtle taste of bananas along with the sweet taste of chocolate chips and is wonderful!
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dessert that is sure to delight. This recipe does not require any special ingredients which means you likely have all of the ingredients on hand.
Perfect for everything from picnics to card nights, this vintage recipe is one of my favorites.
You can also make this in mini-loaf pans and give them to friends and neighbors.
One of the things I love about this recipe is that it is made with ingredients I usually have so no extra trip to the grocery store is required.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake Ingredients
Bananas – Fully riped bananas work best for this recipe.
Chocolate chips – I prefer to use semi-sweet chips, but you can use milk chocolate or vegan chips.
Butter - I prefer using real butter in my recipes, but you can use margarine if you like.
Flour - I use all-purpose flour
Sugar - Granulated sugar works best in this recipe
Eggs - You will be using two eggs as well as 2 egg yolks for this recipe. I save the whites for omelets
Vanilla Extract - you can use a generic, but make sure it is a real vanilla extract for best results.
How to make Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
The steps to make the cake are so easy!
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Add eggs
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Then pour the batter in the pan. I like to add a few more chocolate chips so that they stand out when the bread is baked.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
- ¾ cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- 3. In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes or until fluffy.
- 4. Slowly, add in eggs, egg yolks, banana, almond or vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated, about 3 minutes.
- 5. Add in flour, a little at a time. Beat on low, until batter is combined.
- 6. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 7. Spread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For more great bread recipes ideas, check out our:
- Easy Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - A delicious banana cake that will go fast so be sure to grab a piece first!
- Old-Fashioned Pound Cake - A beautiful pound cake made without sour cream.
- Best Ever Zucchini Bread – Moist and buttery and topped with a light brown sugar dusting.
- Easy Banana Bread – made with bananas and spices to make wonderful bakery-style bread.
- Lemon Blueberry Cake - A lovely light cake that is perfect duing spring and summer!
- Sour Cream Cake Recipe - A delicious light and fluffy pound cake that is perfect any time of year.
- Beer Bread - just six of ingredients to make a wonderful loaf of homemade bread in just a little over an hour.
More Easy Banana Recipes
Banana Pudding Cheesecake. So easy and absolutely delicious!
Easy Banana Bread - Super simple bread recipe you'll love.
Banana Smoothie - Use up those leftover bananas for this smoothie recipe.
Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - So good!
Creamy Banana Smoothie. This smoothie is so creamy it tastes like a desert!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Ohh.. that looks so magnificent! I'm totally making this. Basically chocolate chip anything.
Chocolate chips should be enjoyed every day in my opinion! 🙂