This Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe is a super quick cake to put together and it is great when you want to bake something for someone, and you do not have a lot of time to assemble. I used a boxed pound cake recipe to speed up the process as this week was a busy one and I could attend to other things while it baked.
There is nothing like the sweet and tangy flavors of lemon and blueberry meshing together to make a tasty snack cake.
I like to make this for a light dessert or brunch item. I must have something to eat when I watch my food challenge shows at night or else I get real hungry.
Does that happen to you?
You can make it with frozen blueberries, but since I can usually get fresh ones, it use them.
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
Lemon Blueberry Cake
- 1 box pound cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rinse and drain blueberries and set aside
- Melt butter in microwave and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1 box of pound cake mix, and eggs. Blend.
- Add lemon juice and then fold in rinsed blueberries gently.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake 55 - 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
What is your favorite eat while I watch TV snack?