This Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe and easy cake to put together and it is great when you want to bake something with blueberries and lemon – a truly delicious combination.
This is a wonderful bread to celebrate the season and is best made with fresh blueberries! Be sure to check out my time-saving tips following this recipe to help you save time.
There is nothing like the sweet and tangy flavors of lemon and blueberry meshing together to make a tasty snack cake.
The blueberries will be nice and juicy when baked.
It is one of our favorite cakes to make this time of year. Perfect as a breakfast or brunch bread, as a dessert or as a potluck dessert.
I like to make this for a light dessert or brunch item. I must have something to eat when I watch my food challenge shows at night or else I get real hungry.
Does that happen to you?
You can make it with frozen blueberries, but since I can usually get fresh ones, it use them.
For more great bread recipes, check out these great spring bread recipes:
Shortcut Lemon Poundcake Recipe – When you don’t have a lot of time, this recipe works fabulously!
Easy Carrot Muffins – Perfect for spring! Like a mini carrot cake, but without the frosting.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark this post.
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
Easy Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 zest from one lemon
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease a loaf pan or mini loaf pan with butter.
- Rinse and drain blueberries and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add softened butter, eggs, sugar, sour craam and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest and fold in rinsed blueberries gently.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 55 - 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
- You can bake this ahead of time. Just wrap the loaf (after cooling) tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 4 days or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- No fresh blueberries? No problem, you can use frozen too!
- You can use bottled lemon juice, but I highly recommend using real lemons if you can get them.
Here is another great lemon recipe:
Sour Cream Lemon cookies – These soft lemon cookies are soft and delicious!
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
What is your favorite eat while I watch TV snack?