This easy sour cream pound cake is a wonderful dessert or snack at any time of year! Moist and delicious! Old-fashioned recipes like this never get old and this lovely cake makes a spectacular dessert with little effort.
Sometimes there is nothing like a good pound cake to just fulfill your sweet tooth. Back in the day, a pound cake was made with a pound of each, flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. I promise you this one is lighter but is sooooooo good! I like to serve mine with fresh whipped cream and berries, but y0u could also serve plain or with a light icing.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? We went on a little road trip last weekend and it felt so good to be away for a weekend. We enjoyed some wine tasting and some lovely vineyard scenery.
Today’s Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dessert cake. This recipe is very simple, but the result is a lovely cake.
Pound cakes are great at any time of year. I tend to make them more during fall and winter because when it is cold, I love baking.
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Pound Cake -A delicious dessert cake for any time of day. Wonderful with coffee and tea too!
- Best Ever Zucchini Bread – Moist and buttery and topped with a light brown sugar dusting.
- Easy Banana Bread – made with bananas and spices to make wonderful bakery-style bread.
- Lemon Blueberry Cake – A lovely light cake that is perfect duing spring and summer!
One thing I love about pound cake is how versatile it is. You can enjoy it on its own or with:
- Jelly or Jam
- Fresh fruit
- Whipped cream
- Hazelnut Spread
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Buttercream icing
- Ice cream
How to make Sour Cream Pound Cake
The full recipe is below, but the major steps are:
- Combine sugar and butter.
- Cream until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add sour cream.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake.
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe.
Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe
- 3 sticks salted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Prepare a bundt pan with butter or shortening and dusting of flour.
2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until well blended.
3. Add eggs and mix.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and add sour cream and vanilla.
6. Bake for 1 hour and 20-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool 10 minutes before removing.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 472Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 955mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 0gSugar: 51gProtein: 4g
- Double the recipe, cut into slices and freeze individual portion sizes. Wrap each slice tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil before placing in a freezer-safe container.
- Double the recipe and give a loaf as a gift this holiday season.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.