This easy Baked Honey Mustard Chicken recipe is perfect for Weeknight dinner or Sunday Supper! Made easily on the stovetop in less than 30 minutes, this chicken dinner has lots of flavor and taste!
You only need a few ingredients to make this wonderful chicken dinner and it tastes so good with the sauce. All of it is made easily on your stovetop.
Hello Friends! How is your week going?
Have you been watching baseball at all? We have been watching a bit while the temperatures cool down and the days get a little shorter.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty dinner idea that you want to prepare quickly. I love simple recipes like this one, because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal. Everything comes together in minutes on your stovetop and it is a nice change-up for chicken.
This recipe is perfect with salad, rice or a sheet pan vegetables.
This chicken is delicious as is but also as leftovers in a honey mustard chicken salad or honey mustard sandwich.
List of main ingredients:
Chicken – I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts but know that you can also use chicken tenders which are usually cheaper.
Honey – I use this honey
Mustard – You will want to use a stone-ground or spicy brown mustard for this recipe to give it than delicious flavor.
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken
The full recipe is below, but here are the basic steps:
- Season the chicken
- Brown the chicken in a skillet.
- Make the sauce and add to chicken.
- Cover and cook until chicken is done.
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken sauce
The honey mustard marinade is a simple combination of honey and dijon mustard. This sauce makes a nice sauce for french fries too!
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Can you freeze Honey Mustard Chicken?
You can freeze Honey Mustard chicken in an airtight container.
How to make Honey Mustard Chicken Tenders
You can easily make this with chicken tenderloin pieces. It will be inexpensive to make and taste just as good.
- Double the recipe and use the leftovers to make a delicious honey mustard salad the next day.
- If you use chicken tenders, the meat will cook faster, making this an even quicker dinner. Chicken is done when it is 170° and juices run clear.
If you like this honey mustard chicken recipe, be sure to check out our other chicken dinner ideas:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta - Another quick stovetop chicken dinner with bacon and pasta - delicious!
- Chicken Bacon Gouda Pasta - Gouda cheese and pasta make this dinner extra special with little effort.
- Chicken Basil Pasta - Chicken in a Basil cream sauce that is wonderful and a favorite in our home.
- Creamy Chicken with Chipotle sauce. Chicken with a little spice thanks to chipotle chilis.
- Crockpot Chicken with Dumplings - An easy chicken recipe made in your crockpot.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Sprinkle seasoning salt, salt, and pepper on chicken breasts.
- 3. Cook chicken in skillet for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until brown.
- 4. In a small bowl, mix together honey and mustard. Pour sauce over browned chicken.
- 5. Cook an additional 5 minutes until chicken is done and chicken juices run clear.
I never know what mustard to use so I love that you gave advice for that. Also, I love the idea of using the leftovers for a yummy sandwich. I personally like a good cold sandwich around here! Cassidy always likes them hot.