This Streusel Coffee Cake recipe is decades old! It is also known as the Bisquick Coffee Cake or Bisquick crumb cake and it is made simply with a baking mix sugar, and milk, then baked with a crumbly streusel topping for a delicious dessert cake.
This is one of those shortcut coffee cake recipes that is made easier with a baking mix. I first made this cake when I was in middle school and every once in a while I bake one for nostalgia. It used to be printed on the back of the bisquick box.
Hello Friends! How is your week going? I have been doing a little baking each week and the other day I made this old favorite.
Why This Bisquick Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a light dessert or brunch cake, I first made this recipe in middle school. The recipe used to be on every box of the baking mix back in the day at it was called Crumb Coffee Cake.
I love simple recipes like this one because chances are you have everything on hand to make this in your pantry. This delicious cake with a streusel topping is perfect with your morning coffee or tea.
This easy bisquick dessert recipes makes a tasty cinnamon lunch box snack.
List of main ingredients.
Bisquick Mix – I highly recommend Bisquick baking mix for this recipe, but jiffy or generic brand baking mix will work just fine.
Brown Sugar –I prefer light brown sugar, but dark brown works fine too.
Cinnamon Topping – This topping makes it so good! You can find the recipe for the topping below.
Equipment & Kitchen Tools
- pastry blender
- 8 or 9 inch pan
Variations on this recipe:
You can add pecans or walnuts to the cake and/or the topping for a fun variation.
You can ice the cake with a light mixture of powdered sugar and water and drizzle it over the cake.
For more great breakfast cake recipes ideas, check out:
- Lemon Blueberry Cake - A light lemon cake that celebrates the flavors of spring and summer.
- Easy Banana Bread - Made with bananas, brown sugar and pecans, this bread is amazing!
- Classic Zucchini Bread – This buttery bread is made with fresh zucchini - a great way to enjoy zucchini from your garden or the farmers market.
- Whipped Coffee - A wonderful iced coffee to go with the coffee cake or any cake.
- Homemade Bisquick - Save money and make your own baking mix!
- Blueberry Coffee Cake - A wonderful cake with a streusel topping.
How to make Streusel Coffee Cake
The full recipe is below, but it is basically four steps:
- Heat oven.
- In a large bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients (bisquick with egg, milk and sugar).
- In a separate bowl, make the streusel topping.
- Add topping to the top of the cake batter.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until golden brown and serve.
Store in an airtight container.
Don't forget to bookmark this recipe.
- I like to have baggies with the baking mix and sugar ready to go in the pantry. I use a container for the dry ingredients for the batter and for the topping - so easy!
- Cover leftover coffee cake with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container
- You can double this recipe and give the second cake to a friend that could use a nice surprise!
Best Bisquick Coffee Cake Recipe
Streusel Coffee CakeA delicious coffee cake with a brown sugar topping.
- medium bowl
- wooden spoon
- square pans
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg room temperature
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Grease an 8" or 9" cake pan or square pan.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix cake ingredients in a medium mixing bowl
- Pour into greased baking dish.
- Spread evenly in pan with an offset spatula or butter knife.
- Prepare the streusel ingredients
- Sprinkle topping (recipe below) on top of the batter.
- Bake 20-24 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
NutritionServing: 10gCalories: 204kcalFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgFiber: 0.8gSugar: 15gTried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Streusel Topping Recipe
⅓ cup Baking mix
⅓ cup brown sugar (packed)
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons cold firm butter or margarine
Stir streusel ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until crumbly. This topping recipe works well on other breads and muffins too!
I hope you enjoyed this easy coffee cake recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.