This quick and Easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is perfect for any game day, sports, or watch party. It is the perfect pretzel dip recipe and is great for any any gathering. Also, fun if you are throwing an Octoberfest party!!Jump to Recipe
Made in a crockpot slow cooker with real cheese, spices, and beer, it is always a hit at events. Creamy and cheesy and delicious!
This Cheesy dip is also a great recipe for a fondue party!
Why this Beer Cheese Recipe?
Can you believe October is in full swing already? We were fortunate enough to enjoy an Oktoberfest with friends a few years ago and while the weather was warm and sunny, we were truly celebrating the season. I have been asked for this recipe a few times lately, so today I am republishing this easy fall appetizer recipe!
This cheesy beer dip is one of my favorite easy appetizer recipes. Perfect for game day or a tailgate party. It's made with just a few simple ingredients and is absolutely delicious as a beer cheese sauce for pretzels!
We also watched some football games and enjoyed a viewing party. This Beer Cheese Dip appetizer is perfect for TV viewing, game day, or an Oktoberfest party. It starts with cheddar cheese and blends nicely with a beer for a rich and smoky flavor.
Everything can be made on the stove or a slow cooker. I made mine on the stove and then transferred it to a small slow cooker to keep the dip warm. Once the ingredients heat together, it blends nicely.
Main Ingredients for Beer Dip
Shredded Cheese - I use a mild Cheddar but you can use sharp Cheddar cheese if you like.
Cream Cheese - name brand or generic ok
Beer - An IPA or Lager beer works best but you can use your favorite beer too!
Mustard - you can use a yellow or a dijon mustard
Chives or green onions
You can transfer the ingredients into a slow cooker to keep it warm.
The result is a rich, creamy beer cheese with a kick. I used brown mustard with horseradish, but you can use plain brown mustard if you wish.
What to Serve with Beer Cheese Dip?
This dip goes great with soft pretzels, pita chips, bagel chips, and tortilla chips. You can also cut up a loaf of crusty bread or homemade pretzel bites.
Don't forget to pin this for later!
Expert Tips and Timesavers
- Once the dip is heated, turn to the low heat setting on your crockpot.
- Use a darker beer for a more intense beer flavor.
- Store any leftover dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can also make this in a fondue pot.
- Add a little Pepper Jack to kick up the flavor up a notch.
More Easy Dip Recipes & Appetizers
- Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip - another delicious hot dip recipe
- 7 Layer Dip - A fan favorite and a delicious layered dip.
- Hot Chorizo Green Chili Dip - chili and chorizo come together in this tasty dip
- Vegetable Cream Cheese Dip - An easy cream cheese dip made with fresh vegetables.
- Hot Chorizo Dip– a nice hot appetizer for a cold day or evening. Great with tortilla chips.
- Spicy Hummus – Hummus with a little spice for a kick.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – a wonderful easy dip that goes with vegetables.
- Fresh Garden Veggie Dip - A perfect dip for veggies
- Grape Jelly Meatballs - A delicious meatball appetizer that you can make in your slow ooker.
- Simple Jalapeño Dip - This hot and cheesy dip is filled with jalapeño flavor!
A delicious and simple beer cheese dip recipe that makes the best beer cheese sauce for pretzels.
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 3 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Brat Mustard with Horseradish or brown mustard
- ¾ b12 oz bottle beer IPA is best
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- bread for dipping.
- Shred cheddar cheese and place in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir consistently.
- Add mustard, beer, garlic powder and salt and blend well.
- Add scallions and move to a slow cooker if not already in one.
- Top with chives.
- Serve with bread pieces or pretzels.
We hope you enjoyed this tasty Pub-Style Beer Cheese Dip Recipe. We strive to share simple and quick recipes here. If you know someone who would enjoy this recipe, we would love for you to share it with them!
What is your favorite hot dip?
If you are not yet subscribing to my newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.