This quick and easy Beer Cheese Dip Recipe is perfect for fall celebrations.
Can you believe October is in full swing already? We were fortunate enough to enjoy an Oktoberfest last weekend with friends and while the weather was warm and sunny, we were truly celebrating the season. There was a concert, an artisan fair and of course beer and bratwurst.
We also watched some football games and enjoyed a viewing party. This Beer Cheese Dip appetizer is perfect for TV viewing, game day or an Oktoberfest party. It starts with cheddar cheese and blends nicely with a beer for a rich and smoky flavor.
Everything can be made on the stove or a slow cooker. I made mine on the stove and then transferred it to a small slow cooker to keep the dip warm. Once the ingredients heat together, it blends nicely.
You can transfer the ingredients into a slow cooker to keep it warm and serve with bread pieces or pretzels.
The result is a rich, creamy beer cheese with a kick. I used brown mustard with horseradish, but you can use plain brown mustard if you wish.
Beer Cheese Dip Recipe
- 3 cups mild cheddar cheese
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons Brat Mustard with Horseradish or brown mustard
- ¾ b12 oz bottle beer (IPA is best)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- bread for dipping.
- Shred cheddar cheese and place in
saucepanover low heat.
- Add cream cheese and stir consistently.
- Add mustard, beer and garlic powder and blend well.
- Add scallions and move to a slow cooker if not already in one.
- Top with chives.
- Serve with bread pieces or pretzels.
We hope you enjoyed this tasty Cheese Dip with Beer Recipe. We strive to share simple and quick recipes here. If you know someone who would enjoy this recipe, we would love for you to share it with them!
For more great fall dip recipes! Try these:
What is your favorite hot dip?