This easy 7 Layer Dip is perfect for an appetizer or snack any day! Made easily in minutes, this tasty appetizer is ready to go in about 10 minutes.
This 7 Layer Dip recipe can be made ahead of time and is always a hit for tailgating and football viewing parties. So colorful too! This recipe is especially good because it is a 7 layer dip with cream cheese.
How is the new year going? So far so good for me. Today I had some fun on a Target run and I went to my (outdoor) zumba class.
Today’s recipe is an easy one when you are looking for a tasty appetizer to put together quickly. I love simple recipes like this one because I can use ingredients I already have on hand and the amount of clean up is minimal.
This is a wonderful appetizer recipe that you can serve all year round. It is also great for game nights and parties.
I like to serve this recipe in a clear vessel so that you can see the layers! But you can use any kind of serving dish that is at least 1 1/2″ tall.
For more great dip recipes:
- Garden Vegetable Cream Cheese dip – A lovely cream cheese dip made with freh vegetables.
- Easy Pizza Dip – Cheesy and delicious if you like pizza. Great with bread dippers.
- Best Beer Cheese Dip – A wonderful beer cheese dip that is fantastic with pretzel bread.
- Spinach Tip in a Bread Bowl – So dang addicting, we never have any leftovers.
- Blue Cheese Chive Dip – A wonderful easy dip that goes well with fresh vegetables.
This dip we are making today requires a few ingredients.
Beans – You will want to use your favorite canned variety of refried beans for this recipe. Honestly, I use whatever brand is on sale at the time.
Avocados – probably my favorite vegetable of all time. Hass avocados work well, but use whatever you can find, just make sure they are ripe when you make the recipe.
Tomatoes– I’m partial to tomatoes on the vine or Roma tomatoes, but you can use whatever tomatoes you like, even cherry tomatoes cut in half will work.
Variations on this recipe:
You can make this a 5 layer bean dip and omit the tomatoes and olives.
How to make 7 Layer Dip
A 7 layer dip is so easy and the full recipe is below, but the steps are shown here:
- Layer the beans.
- Mash the avocados.
- Spread the avocados over the beans.
- Layer with the sour cream spread.
Then cover with the salsa.
The final three layers are the cheese, tomatoes, and olives, and voila you are done!
Don’t forget to bookmark this recipe friends.
Easy 7 Layer Dip Recipe
- 1 16 oz can of refried beans
- 2 ripe avocadoes
- 1 jar of red salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoonstaco seasoning
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sliced tomatoes
- 1 can sliced olives
- In a baking dish or large pan, spread the refried beans.
- In a small bowl, mash the two avocadoes. Then layer avocado spread on beans.
- In a second bowl, blend sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning.
- Spread sour cream mixture and layer over avocados.
- Next, layer is made with the salsa. Spread over the sour cream mixture.
- Add shredded cheese, tomatoes, and olives for the final three layers in that order.
- Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 157Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 249mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
This recipe is so easy to prepare ahead of time. You can do the following to save some time:
- Premix the sour cream and cream cheese and keep in the refrigerator until ready to prepare.
- Shred the cheese ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator.
- Chop the tomatoes ahead of time and refrigerate.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner’s Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.