This Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip is a nice hearty, hot dip that is great for game day! A lovely cheddar cheese dip that is perfect for sports viewing!
This Cheese and beef dip is perfect for game day. Be sure to check out our delicious Beer Cheese dip too! Great for parties and gatherings.
We have been watching a lot of football lately and while our teams are not doing so well, at least we can enjoy the food. We are big Los Angeles Rams fans and while we are happy to have them back in LA, it would be nice to see them score a little more. Personally, I think they need a new coach.
Anyways, back to the food.
I always like a nice simple snack or tasty appetizer to go with my TV viewing. This warm hamburger cheese dip a a nice one for those chilly days and evenings.
Why This Ground Beef Nacho Dip
This easy appetizer dip tastes like nachos. Made with beans, ground beef and cheese, it is like a less messier take on nachos.
This take only minutes to make and who doesn't like a quick appetizer idea.
This tasty cheesy taco dip is great for game day and viewing parties.
The best part - this dip is delicious!
How to make or Ground Beef Cheese Dip AKA Ground Beef Queso Dip
Ingredients for Hamburger Dip
- cooked ground beef - I like to use a 80/20% lean ground beef. Ground beef should be drained.
- cheddar chees
- green chiles
- chili powder
- bag of tortilla chips or corn chips
Steps to Make Dip
All you need is some ground beef, Then add refried beans and salsa (you can pick the level of heat), and top with a cheese blend.
Pop it in the oven or microwave and you have a hearty and meaty hot dip.
Perfect with tortilla chips and salsa.
Great for the big game day, or an evening in with a good TV show. This hot and cheesy dip will have you smiling, even if your team isn't doing so well!
Pro Tips and Timesaver Shortcuts
- You can prepare this a da ahead, store in the refrigerator, and bake it the next day.
Variations, Notes, and Substitutions
- You can double the recipe and make it in a slow cooker or crock pot.
- You can substitute ground turkey for the ground beef.
- You can substitute black beans for the refried beans.
- You can add a teaspoon of hot sauce or add some shredded pepper jack cheese to raise the heat level of this dip.
- You can add ½ can of rotel tomatoes for a variation.
Serving and Storage Suggestions
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn chips.
- Top dip with green onions or black olives.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole for the full nacho effect.
- You can preparet this a da ahead and bake it the next day
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
More Game Day Recipes
- 7 Layer Dip - Also known as taco dip - a tasty layered bean dip.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip - Always a crowd pleaser and it disappears fast.
- Chorizo Green Chili Dip - A delicious hot cheese dip with chorizo.
- Glazed Chicken Wings – a nice chicken wing recipe that is kid-friendly and not spicy.
- Baked Jalapeno Poppers – a slightly spicy recipe that is great with cocktails.
- Football Crispies - Cute football crispy treats that everyone loves!
Easy Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip
We hope you love this cheesy dip recipe.
If you are not yet subscribing to my CELEBRATE THE SEASON newsletter, you can subscribe here. I share a few things that I don’t share here and I email you only once a week. I know how valuable your time is and respect that tremendously!
If you try this recipe or any other recipe on Organized Island, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know where you found it in the comments below, I love hearing from you! To see what I am up to, check out my stories on Instagram and let me know you are following. It would bring me much joy!
Want to streamline your weekly meals? Check out my Beginner's Guide to Meal Planning book on Amazon.
Have you watched good football games this week?
Cheddar Cheese Ground Beef Dip
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can refried beans
- ½ cup mild red salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend I like Monterey Jack/Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon regular taco seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- In a frying pan over medium heat, brown onions and ground beef.
- Use a wooden spoon to crumble beef into small pieces
- Drain when beef is brown. Add taco seasoning and set aside.
- Preheat over to 350°.
- In a bowl, mix together refried beans, salsa and chili powder.
- In a small casserole pan, add browned ground beef as bottom layer.
- Add bean and salsa mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in oven about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.